2009 Volvo S40

2009 Volvo S40 Prices
2009 Volvo S40 Fuel Economy
Valdemar by Tony from Chicago on 10/13/2009. Trim: 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's not ostentatious, blends right in in an urban surrounding, the audio equipment is OK.
Cons: Switching from an 03 Cadillac STS to this there was a bit of a difference as far as acceleration is concerned. All the plastic feels a bit....cheap. I hate it when people remind me that I'm actually driving a Ford...
Overall review: I like the car, the stigma of driving a "mom" car, not so much. However, all in all, I LOVE THIS CAR !!!! Mine is blue, I named it Valdemar. FYI, my 03 Honda Accord was named Fred and my 03 Cadillac STS was named Alikai. lol. I'm just waiting to see how it handles in the snow.
Good Car at all ! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/18/2008. Trim: 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It has great function, good looking. Especially when putting my car under the blue sky, it show in blue-gray color(mine is in gray). You can imagine how excellent the manual is. The back-seat can put it down and make more space for stuffs.
Cons: A little too short in height, I am 6ft tall, everytime I drive in the car, I can usually feel the heat above my head, it really seems too close to the roof.
Overall review: In the whole, the volvo S40 maybe a little expensive but it is worthful according to all it function and performance. If I have purchased another car, I would have crashed twice in one month. (I bought it on August 8,2008) Today is September 18, 2008. Fortunely, I saved by my car...Is it ridiculous? But anyway, I dont think so.
Safe for the family by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/25/2014. Trim: 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great on long road trips. I drove it all the way to Minneapolis and back. Safe, I got T-Boned on Interstate 5 in Washington by a Semi truck after getting spun out by another semi. Car didn't roll and aside from some back problems I didn't brake a bone in my body. The "sport cloth" interior held up really nice and was durable. Audio system and blu tooth were nice. I had it for 45k miles before its life was ended and didn't have a single problem with it. It was the 2.4i and sure it was no race car but it was nice. I drove it for the better part of 20 hours and felt comfy the whole way.
Cons: driving through the mid west in the summer and having tons of bugs hit the windshield set the automatic wipers off a few times. The re-sale value doesn't always hold up.. not sure why as I think they are great cars.
Overall review: If I can afford it. I would buy one again.
Great choice! by Maryland Mom on 10/14/2012. Trim: 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I wanted the Volvo safety features mostly and more comfort after turning in a Subaru Impreza wagon (also a dependable car but not so comfortable with 2 grown kids. I do mostly city driving (21 mpg); enjoy leather seats and good sound system. Highway mileage is -29-30 mpg. Also, the car doors are heavier than old Subaru--air bags, ABS, and stability control I feel safer. The ABS brakes are excellent and have used them for at least 4 close calls. They are amazing. Have received compliments from passers by. I am 5' 7" female and the car feels like it is the right size for me. Local service is good--routine maintenance so far with the standard extended warranty.
Cons: Down side: You sit a but low. Sometimes when I pull up to other compact cars and SUVs, I seem to sit lower. Rear visibility a bit obscured with headrests (removable) for parking lot pull-outs, lane changes, and city driving. I am in the habit of looking around a lot due to city driving and DC maniacs! The sunroof does not close automatically and the car is pretty basic. Still, I am happy with the choice and plan to hold on to it.
Overall review: Pros: Dependable, attractive, safe, and fun to drive. Cons: Compact size and city gas mileage (5 cyl-21 mpg)
S40 commuter by angry eagle from freeport on 01/12/2010. Trim: 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good acceleration. Good braking. Handles very well;responsive
Cons: Was hoping for better gas mileage:Average is low to mid 20s: Expected 30+. "Cold-blooded"where it takes a while to warm up.
Overall review: Owned it now for 6 mos. Bought it for a 40+ mile daily commute. I live in Maine & it is tackling all the weather situations w/o problems. If you want 32mpg or so,look elsewhere. It does not have a lot of interior space but you can see that in the showroom. Service is "free"(built into the cost of the car) but it makes the maintenance issue easy. The S40 is what it is: a good,well built,safe,so far reliable car. It is definitely worth a look/test drive if it fits your needs.