2009 Toyota Sienna

the ultra taxi by mike brandon,mb on 09/28/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Sienna CE FWD 7 Pass, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I had bought this vehicle brand new last month and am pleased about the power and the fuel economy(26) highway. it is very roomy and dash displays are easy to use. I bought the ce model and even they come with a lot of features that most manafacturers would offer as optional.
Cons: verry happy with it I am struggling to think of something
Overall review: if this van is good for new york city taxis then it should be good for the average joe
Best vehicles (Siennas 02 and 09) we have ever owned by Geezer Reviewer on 02/04/2013. Trim: 2009 Toyota Sienna, Owned 4 years.
Pros: We get slightly better milage than expected. The 09 interior is large enough to haul just about anything we want. The turning radius is great, so much better than our 02 Sienna which we still have. We like the fold down back seats. It is so much more compfortable and much easier to get into and out of, for us seniors.
Cons: The back seat belt arrangement. We do not change it often so I usually have to consult the manual. Hint....you need a key. The mast antenna, when I take it off at the car wash, most of the time I forget to put it back on. Lost it for a while in the van some time back. That tire light keeps coming on. Did not want that gas in the tire in the first place. The positions of the seats, so high up where we can see traffic better.
Overall review: We are seniors who travel about two times a year to Tampa from Huntsville, AL in addition to many trips up into Tennessee and over to Atlanta. It is so comfortable. We appreciate the view we get because we sit up higher, which is so much better than any car we have ever had. Our kids are grown but all the grandkids can get in our vans. I would recommend this van for growing familes or seniors.
Need a 3rd row? Get a Quiet Comfy Minivan. Sliding Doors are COOL. by Jer from Virginia on 04/08/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Basic Leather package was cheaper than Volkswagen, Chrysler and Honda. History of Reliability. Quiet Comfy Ride perfect for sleeping babies. Ability to use New Carmax Toyota price to haggle at my traditional dealer. Folding rear sunshades. Power Sliding Doors will never door ding your neighbor. Cushier seats than Dodge Chrysler. Better value than an SUV
Cons: 20 mpg average. No Available Hybrid. Wish Toyota would build a hybrid like the Highlander. Fake wood looks fake. Blizzard Pearl Color cost extra $200. Carmax Toyota was too far so I ended up at a traditional high pressure sales dealer and wasted a lot of time haggling. 4 Liter Chrysler and Volkswagen V6 engine was more tempting. Honda handles better with lower suspension. Dodge Chrysler prices dropped even more after I bought but its too late now.
Overall review: I tried sitting in the 3rd row of a Commander and vowed never to buy an SUV. I almost pulled an ankle trying to climb in and out of the Commander. Then I had no legroom. Minivans are heaven on wheels. Power Sliding Doors. More leg room. I hate door dings and sliding doors prevent door dings. The Volkswagen and Honda Leather packages were too expensive. The Chrysler had poor quality materials. In the end Toyota had the best leather package at the best price. Easier to load babies with power sliding doors. Room for kids and in-laws.
Love our first Mini-van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/06/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent vehicle, our first mini-van, and we love it. Compared it with the Chrylser and the Honda and there is no comparison. Drove the honda on a overnight test run, and we were not impressed. Was $2000 more and had alot less. Toyota has 17" wheels which gives it a very smooth ride, not available on the Honda. Toyota has alot of the extras in the vehicle from a compass, outside thermometer, auto lights, and several other extras that the honda does not have. Overall very happy with the mini-van. Have had it only for a week, but so far it is very impressive.
Cons: Wish it got a little better gas mileage, but is average with the other mini-vans on the market. The honda had the back up camera system that the toyota was only an option on the more expensive models.
Overall review: Absolutely in love with the van, from the moveable middle row seats, to the style of the van and performance. We will have 2 car seats so putting the two middle row seats together makes it easier to get in the back seat and is safer for the newborn since she will be away from the side door. The van is comfortable to ride in and love the sunroof and leather seats (Easy to clean with young kids).
Where has this van been all my life!!!? by SunnyAZ on 02/24/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Sienna LE FWD 7 Pass, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We NEVER wanted a minivan, in fact we went to test drive a Toyota 4Runner. But my friend has this van and it was very comfortable, so with our two kids in tow we test drove and LOVED it! I've had a few close calls with a cow or two (we live in a rural area) and the braking system was AWESOME! Not to mention, people driving on my side of the road (very curvy hilly mountainous road) including semi's, and I've had to brake and pull over. Wonderful. Very roomy, easy to switch seats and the drink holders! This van has 14 cup/bottle holders! Acceleration is fantastic makes passes more safe (no racing the other driver). I'm not sorry I own a minivan...especially THIS minivan.
Cons: I should have got the auto door opener for the back, the GPS Navigation system with backup camera and sunroof! Live and learn. Other than that, the only thing I wish was better was gas mileage. I guess Japan has the same sister van with a different name, but essentially the Sienna, and it gets 40 mpg! That would be AWESOME! Greener, comfortable and safe...wow. Triple threat.
Overall review: If you need more room for carpooling, road trips or just need the space for kids...THIS should be your minivan! I feel much safer in this van with my children. As stated we live in a very hilly, winding area, and I have already had some close calls. The vehicle just reacts like it needs to. Test drive it. You'll love it!