2009 Ford Expedition

Another great Expedition by RN in the desert on 08/09/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My second Expedition in 10 years. Picked it up in Anchorage after returning from a military tour in Germany. Drove it to Fairbanks and picked up 24 foot travel trailer and pulled it to southern California. Great handling, extremely comfortable, plenty of power, not great gas mileage but that's not what I bought it for. Kids loved the DVD, I think the back up camera is great! Retractable running boards are kind of cool but not really necessary. Only owned it three weeks and have almost 3000 miles on it. No complaints, not problems and don't expect any. Thanks Ford.
Cons: What's not to like???
Overall review: Not an economical vehicle but comfortable, great for families, safe and reliable.
Really a great vehicle by Cloyne from Bellevue on 02/18/2013. Trim: 2009 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4X4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Really comfortable ! Like that I can get >20 mpg on highway with transfer switched to two wheel drive. Can haul a huge load of people, golf clubs, dogs etc. and really good passing power. Also turns surprisingly sharp for city parking. Just watch for low garages
Cons: Only issue is size when it comes to parking in "small" spots.
Overall review: One of the best and most useful vehicles I have owned. Will be trading my wife's X-5 in for a new one soon
Third and best expedition so far. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/28/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: EL has tons of room behind the third row as well as a shelf/divider. Every seating position is comfortable in both the regular length and extended length. The third row folds flat. There is a small flat storage area under the floor in the extended length. My wife and I preferred the ride over that of the Suburban. The third row seems to have more space then the rest of the third row large SUVs.
Cons: The 20 inch "chrome" wheels - are basically plastic wheel covers. The Nav/Sync takes about 6 hours to learn.
Overall review: We purchased a lease turn in and have been thrilled with the vehicle so far. It gets respectable fuel economy on long hauls (the main reason we got it). Avg fuel economy is around 14 mpg mixed with the EL 4X4 and 16.5-18.5 MPG interstate. We chose this over other options for the towing capacity, ease of movement around the passenger compartment, and the overall safety. This handles far better than the 1998 and 2002 Expeditions that I have driven regularly in the past.
Perfect for our large family by Patrick in NH on 12/14/2011. Trim: 2009 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent smooth ride. Powerful engine, great acceleration even with 8 passengers and bags. Very comfortable seats, great view, good headlights. Good climate system. Handles much better than expected. Did great with some mud+small boulders offroading.
Cons: The A/C or vent, when on coldest temp, makes a loud (!) clicking noise. This goes away when temp raised from min. Hasn't been a big enough issue to fix. There isn't a left-foot dead pedal for the driver (minor but annoying). Nothing else, really; after 40K miles no squeaks or rattles.
Overall review: I was pleasantly surprised with the Expedition. We replaced a Honda Pilot with it (our family grew... 5 kids + dog now). The Expedition drives much smoother & enjoyably for long road trips. The EL wheelbase hasn't been a problem. The electronics are much smarter than the Honda's: really nice to have auto-on headlights again, as well as auto-off cabin lights (the Honda didn't, so if kids left a cabin light on at night, I got to jump-start it in the AM). The engine is an old design but robust and well-proven; wish we could have gotten a good diesel but oh well. I don't regret buying the Expedition for one second. We got the XLT without heated seats, with plain old 17" wheels, without a backup camera (but it does have a backup sensor), and it's perfect for the family. 5 kids + large dog + several backpacks/bags fit without a problem. Great legroom in all three rows.
Short and to the point. by jJ88 on 06/28/2010. Trim: 2009 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am 6'1" and can still fit in the third row unlike in any GM based SUV.
Cons: Gas.
Overall review: The best XL SUV you can buy.