2009 Ford Taurus

The best Ford product of the last 30 years by Fepowerguy8 on 10/08/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus SE FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the seating height in this car, very easy to see out of and makes it more comfortable for taller drivers. Easy to read and use everything inside. Seats are very large and offer great comfort and support. The car is just smooth, does not ride too rough and does not ride soft, offers just the right amount of feedback. I've gotten up to 33mpg on the highway, but usually get around 26 on the highway. The storage areas are many and massive and so is the trunk. It has needed nothing except normal maintenance. The best car Ford has made in the last 30 years.
Cons: Headlights on low don't offer very much side vision and projector fog lamps are useless. Wish it had a little more lumbar support.
Overall review: Large car, good fuel economy, great comfort, low cost of maintenance, cheap to insure, what's not to love.
The Best Car You Will Ever Buy! by Tom on 09/26/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus SEL FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this vehicle used from a Honda Dealer, its a one owner vehicle. So much space and very nice seating. The truck is so large. The car can seat seat five in total comfort on a long drive. I get 620 km to a tank in summer time driving. With gas at $1.18 to fill the empty tank costs me $75.00 for regular gas and lasts me over one week. I used to own a Hyndai Accent and it was a extremely unreliable vehicle. With only 87,000 km my Ford Taurus has a full warranty to which I intend to purchase the extended for another 100,000 km in case anything goes wrong. I only wish my car had leather seats and was an AWD model!
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Excellent Buy!
My Dream Car by Brandon from Provo on 07/07/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus SE FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am a tall guy at 6'4" and this is the only sedan with enough head space and leg space in both the front and back seats. It is extremely comfortable and very roomy. The cavernous trunk fits our baby stroller and all of our luggage with room to spare. The biggest thing for me has to be the 5 star safety rating. It's very hard to find all of the above mentioned things in the same vehicle.
Cons: The road noise is a little louder than expected. I did trade over from a Lincoln so I was a little spoiled with the air ride suspension. My car also had the buzzing sound while shifting. A few '08 reviews talk about that. I just had my mechanic swap out the old cooler lines for the newer design. Problem solved.
Overall review: For work I drive Toyota, Dodge, etc. and none of them compare to my Taurus. People get confused when I say that the 2009 Ford Taurus is my dream car. They begin to understand when they ride in it for 1 minute. Nobody else has the space and comfort like this car. No regrets.
Sweet AWD Taurus. by Danny, Lake Echo, NS on 02/25/2014. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus SEL AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The vehicle is absolutely wonderful to drive on long runs. Comfortable. The AWD system is wicked in Atlantic Canada. Gas mileage is consistently in the 30 to 32 MPG (Imperial Gallons) I have twice hit 34.1 MPG with it Extremely quiet ride. Even my sister in law who owns a BMW 325I prefers my Taurus for the ride.
Cons: Too many sensors. Quirky little things that are starting to act up.
Overall review: This is my 4th Taurus (1987, 1993, 2003 & 2009). It just keep on getting better. Ride, comfort, power, capability. The trunk is enormous. Great for travelling.
Review ID: #582040 Is this review offensive?
Love the Taurus! by suzette from TX on 04/25/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Taurus Limited AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Like EVERYTHING about the '09 Ford Taurus Limited. Year later car was totalled in wreck w/city police car (their fault!). Had to search high & low but finally found another. I didn't want anything but the same vehicle and preferred it over 2011 newer model. L-O-V-E it. Yes, it's been mistaken for a Mercedes. Talk about luxury...this Taurus has it. Purchased knowing I will be retiring soon and I intend to drive it forever.
Cons: Sync system takes a little learning but Ford customer help will assist if need be. Front struts (both sides) gave me problems but warranty covered problem.
Overall review: I think the Taurus is overlooked by many. I even owned the Taurus Wagon and loved it. This is my third Taurus. Highly recommend this vehicle.