2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Show Stopper by Toughy/Ray-Dog on 11/03/2012. Trim: 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Others liked the car more than I do, It hasn't grown on me fully yet. However, I enjoy the looks I get from other competitors car models. With a White/Black combination it's definitely a head turner with double looks even more than my Platnium Blue Metallic/Stone E-Class gets. Very spacious inside for my friend thats 6'2" about 340. It hugs the curbs and seem to get lower as the speed increases. Owned for about 8 months and I would like to see how it performs during the inclement weather ie snow storms.
Cons: Of course the navigation control knob is challenging compared to other models. My model doesnt have the cooling seats package, rear sunshade , backup camera and the parktronics system.
Overall review: Im kind of impressed with the coupe model being I had a perception from what i heard others say but now being an owner. This is going to make a great sunday car or getaway car for a special couple.
The Best Grand-Tourer Under $100K by Dan from NYC metro on 04/09/2011. Trim: 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK550 Cabriolet, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the design and styling inside and out. It may not be as edgy as some newest Benz models, but it is still extremely classy. The car gets compliments and head-turns everywhere. My second favorite part about the CLK550 is the powerplant. The 5.5L V8 has been raved about by every major auto-reviewer on the web, and it's easy to see why. The broad power band, smooth operation, gobs of low-end torque, and thrilling exhaust roar make for an extremely compelling driving experience. Im timing 0-60mph in less than 5 seconds which is very impressive even by sportscar standards. It's even relatively fuel efficient for a high displacement V8 (19mpg in mixed driving).This engine is truly a godsend.
Cons: My car is equipped with the sport package, so I was anticipating some of these drawbacks. The sport-tuned suspension is a bit stiff, and makes for a very firm ride quality. The low-profile performance tires also contribute to a harsher ride quality, as well as more pronounced road noise. However, these are part of the trade-off when it comes to sacrificing comfort for performance, so these cons are easily forgiven in my book. Also, the steering is a bit too light for my taste.
Overall review: Aside from a few quibbles regarding the ride quality and somewhat out-dated cabin electronics, the CLK is one truly awesome grand tourer. The car looks good, has a very cozy and elegant cabin, an outstanding powertrain, and is a very competitive car in its class despite much newer competitors. It has that trademark "solid feel" of a Benz with doors that close like a bankvault's. It has all of the safety equiptment you'd expect in premium convertible (power folding top, pop-up bars for a rollover, side airbags, etc.) It has more safety and luxury features than the 3-series convertible, much better powertrain options than the A5, and isnt as brutal as the S5 or M3. It's an all-around terrific car.
Review ID: #551918 Is this review offensive?
The Best in Class by Robert from Tucson on 10/16/2012. Trim: 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK550 Cabriolet, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great looks inside and out, responsive ride and more power than I imagined.
Cons: That I did not own one sooner.
Overall review: Among the cars that I have owned are a Vette, Mustang, Firebird, Charger and BMW, the CLK550 leaves them all in the dust.
beautiful by Baby Benz owner from Washington DC Metro on 03/10/2010. Trim: 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Cabriolet, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the entire car. Eye catcher an I have had more compliments than our more expensive Benz. Makes me want to go.
Cons: Dislike the nav - very challenging to use - joystick form brings down the value of the vehicle for me. Cannot automate garage opener and have had the vehicle for 4 months.
Overall review: Great car. The red and black combination is fantastic. Easy to drive.
Cant top MB quallity and power by ScottR on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: this is an an amazingly powerful car, 0-60 is 6.5 for a v6 and getting 23 MPG with my lead foot...
Cons: Wish nav was voice acvtivated
Overall review: Excellent build quality, have owned for 2 months and have about 1700 miles so far. Makes me smile when I get to go for a drive!