2009 Ford Focus

GREAT DEPENDABLE CAR by Arizona driver on 03/10/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Focus SE Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Bought new. Get 40-44 mpg on highway if driven 60-65 mph!! The miles per gallon and bar indicator indicator ,if you watch them, will teach you how to drive the car in order to get the best mpg!!! Haven't had any problems with the Focus. Very dependable. Very satisified with this car and would purchase another!!!
Cons: The tires that came with it were poor. Too much road noise. Replaced them with Goodyear tires with close tread and now have a very quiet ride! The right tires can result in a very quiet ride.
Overall review: Great car!!!
Great value in a small package! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/01/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Focus SEL Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I managed to get the SEL for less than the book on the SE, so I have been very happy with the value. The leather heated seats, Sirius radio, Sync, etc are all great features of this model! I am currently over 60K miles and my average miles per gallon for the lifetime of this vehicle is at 32.5mpg. It's been an amazing value!
Cons: The ONLY issue we've had with this vehicle had to do with the ambient lighting, which started to fail on us in year 2. The colors were off cycle between the various lights, then one went out completely. It took a week for the dealer to get the parts in to replace the system and it required removing the dash. The dealership provided a nice rental during this period, but it was inconvenient over such a small feature we didn't really need or want in the first place.
Overall review: Great car for the price! You get tons of extras you won't find in other economy cars and for a non-hybrid, the gas mileage is amazing!
the Best car Value by Big Bad Voodo Daddy on 09/20/2010. Trim: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car has more technology, comfort, and better gas mileage than the competition. Honda and Toyota were $2500 to $3200 more and no leather seats, no sync.no sirius radio, no heated seats, moonroof, and no automatic transmission. Car is comfortable on long trips and commuting every day 34mpg. I also enjoy taking my friends to drop off their toyotas to be fixed. I have 45,000 miles and only take vechicle in for normal service . If you have'nt driven one lately you should.
Cons: Everything about this car is top quality. My friends like riding in the Focus on long trips instead of their toyotas or hondas
Overall review: Best value in a car in the market compared to Honda, Toyota, vechiles. I don't understand why Ford doesn't do more advertising on this car. I know three people at work who have traded their Toyotas in for a Focus and are glad they did.
Gas Sipper by Jeff - Tamaqua, PA on 08/12/2010. Trim: 2009 Ford Focus SE Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car. I'm 6'4" and fit into the driver seat without trouble. Great gas mileage. I travel for work, and consistently get between 32 - 35 mpg. I haven't owned a 4 cyl for over 15 years, and am impressed with the horsepower they can pack into this engine.
Cons: Not very comfortable for a family of four. Rear seats don't fit the kids very well (Ages 7 and 5). But we didn't buy it for a family car. We bought it to commute to work. We use the family SUV for trips.
Overall review: You won't be disappointed with the gas mileage or reasonable price. I recommend it for someone who drives a lot for work. Bought it brand new with the extended warranty, and the regular maintenance costs are relatively low compared to other vehicles we've owned. It is a good buy all around.
Great Car by J.C. Missouiri on 08/26/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Focus SES Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: the options of ABS and a USB port and stability control. Radio controls on the steering wheel. Qucik excelleration, especially for a 2.0 lt. Smooth. Comfortable. Love the Satellite radio. Good MPG
Cons: My fault: I bought black and I live on a gravel road--this color shows dirt. I had to search the whole state for the SES, auto trans., wiith the options I wanted. The MPG on the SES is not as good as on the SE.
Overall review: Good car for the money--not sure why it is not getting more press.