2009 Chevrolet Impala

Test Driver
Great family car and unbelievable fuel mileage for a large car. by Steve on 12/15/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT.
Pros: Excellent fuel economy for a large car. Very comfortable ride also.
Cons: Heater controls are hard to get used to.
Overall review: Very smooth transmission shifts. Love the heated seats. Radio has great quality also.
this is a very nice and safe car.love it in the color silver by terri on 11/12/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: everything..its a larger car and also a safer car
Overall review: i highly recommend
A Comfortable Stable Driver by 80's Rocker in Iowa City, Ia on 08/28/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Clean, fuel efficient. Peppy, can get away from traffic pretty easily has a lot of get up and go. Ttrunk space is plentiful. Like the stats display on dash including tire pressure check and outside temp, Radio is nice. Like the touchy steering, barely touch the wheel and you are in other lane or on shoulder at highway speeds. Yes I like responsive steering. Like how it blends in with other cars, maybe not so great in parking lots though. Like the remote start and remote trunk lid Headlight brights are really nice, see whole road and out beyond the shoulder, very nice. Smooth ride. Never seen manual lumbar support before, works really well.
Cons: Physically turning head I can't see behind on right side when trying to look around for cars coming up behind when need to switch lanes or when backing up Rear view mirror does not dim when cars come up behind, get blinded by head lights from behind. Front cup holders do not fit larger mugs or soda bottles, 1,25Ltr or similar. Dash and interior light knob is not obvious and some of the other controls are weirdly placed. Also noticed no key for trunk. Rear seats do not fold down, must be package this car doesn't have. Gear lever is on steering column, always miss gear I want and the dash indicator does not keep up with the shifting I am in drive or park before it knows what is going on.
Overall review: Impala 2009 LT - 3.5L flex fuel. No special packages no rear spoiler or onstar. Bought used 62k miles. Rear spoilers do nothing less that 200MPH anyway, actually increase drag and decrease fuel economy. Glad mine doesn't have that. I only had the car for a couple days but I noticed the wind noise coming from top of the door window, notice mostly on hwy, with radio on can't hear anything but radio. Can get additional door seals aftermarket at any auto store but probably wont bother, isn't a big deal. Made comment to sales person that interior of windshield was all smeared, had their service department clean it for me. Not car specific but was nice benefit of getting from dealer. Not sure what other people are comparing this car to but I find the car has plenty of get up and go, 3.5L Flex Fuel V6. The ride has a cushioned effect to some of the road compared to my SUV I traded in for this car. Is sort of a more in style old farts car, coming from someone grew up in 70's / 80's.
My Dream Car by Bookworm from the South on 06/05/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love that my car is ''fire engine red", that it is small but has 4 doors, that it has a large trunk, has good gas mileage, great heater and air conditioning, and most of all that it is a Impala! My husband had a 1963 white with red interior Impala when we married in 1966. I learned to drive on that straight gear car and drove that car 10 miles each way my first year of teaching! I always wanted another one and now I have a one and love it!!
Cons: I guess I hate that there is no cupholders for the rear passengers, no signal when you are low on gas(already run out one time) and there is very little room in the rear for passengers, and I hate that the rear windows won't roll all the way down!
Overall review: As I've said overall I love my little car! I bought it in 2010 and drive it back and forth to work everyday! I have 10 grandchildren and all of them see my car as a fun car that carries them places they want to go!
Fleet Taxi by Taxi Driver from Colorado on 05/17/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's got great trunk space. It's not too bad on the gas mileage, it's getting about 21.0 MPG. I use it for fleet duty, and it's not a bad ride.
Cons: The paint is chipping, the small flaws that occur with the engine, the whine that has to corrected by the dealer, because you can't do it at home.
Overall review: It is what you pay for, and it's not a bad car. Using it for the fleet duty that I am, it's a good overall car.