2009 Subaru Outback

A Really Useful Vehicle by Jim on 01/20/2013. Trim: 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Second Outback. First one gave 10 trouble-free years.So far 4 trouble-free years ,and probably many more.In my experience,a Subaru does not require extensive maintenance.Just do what the Owners Manual says to do,some washing and waxing and run it for a bunch of years.
Cons: Standard engine could probably use a little more power.
Overall review: Do you REALLY need a full sized SUV?
When you really want to get there, by Jim on 11/14/2012. Trim: 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Special Edition, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything
Overall review: Not a "real SUV".However if the Outback can't get there,it is probably closed anyway
I love my Subaru by Brenda on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: My Subaru is two years + old and I have not had one single problem with it. An inherent issue with this car is that acceleration is sluggish, but I knew that when I purchased the car.
Overall review: A great car that I bought to last me for many years.
Problematic Transmission by Ching on 09/25/2010. Trim: 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Smooth ride. Good brake. AWD, very good snow drive handling. Very good towing.
Cons: Bought it brand new with 80 miles on the odo. Two times transmission problem within a year ownership. Last transmission took mechanic 10days to fix. Poor and not polite customer service representative. Eventually trade the vehicle.
Overall review: I don't know if I am an unlucky one, got a new car with two tranny problems within a year. I would not recommend you buy due to my bad experience in the car and with the customer service.
This is the one for me! by Built with love on 10/28/2009. Trim: 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Special Edition, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Cargo space is great! Roomy interior - no more volvo for us! The Subaur Outback is a great car- absolutely love driving this car!
Cons: Unless you have a trailer hitch, you can't get a bike rack for the rear of the car.
Overall review: Definately a car worth owning!