2009 Chevrolet Equinox

09 AWD SPORT NOX Scooter by R. Clark, El Paso on 05/08/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my second NOX. The first one was a Black 2005 LT AWD loaded with all the factory goodies of its time. I loved the styling and the fact I could pull up to 3500# on a trailer. I picked up my black granite metallic with black interior 09 NOX SPORT AWD in April 2012 with 18k miles on it. I can feel the difference in almost 80 HP more and 40 lb ft of torque with the 3.6V6 with 6 sp tranny with lots of power throughout the RPM ranges. I drove this truck from Michigan to El Paso, TX. I had the truck up to 120MPH and it was still some left in the engine. Frim ride is a plus. I would recommend this truck over many others. I can load this up with lots of stuff and carry 5 people total.
Cons: Gas mileage (17.5 mixed city / HWY and 19.8 HWY with AC on doing 80 MPH for 1400 miles) is okay but if I wanted some little engine that could give my high 20's in MPG and pull about 1500# then I would have gotten a little SUV and been on my way. It would be nice to have someone make some speed goodies for this motor. There does not seem to be much as far as performance parts out there. I don't like the fact that GM removed the 12V plug from the cargo area. Some of the storage trays were removed in the cargo area.
Overall review: Very versatile small SUV that gives you the flexibility to have 3 car seats across in the back (try that with a JEEP Liberty) and be able to close the rear doors. The truck is more than able to pull 3500# with the stabili trak helping keep things on course. Give this vehicle a look at. I would recommend the AWD version because it does not experience the torque steer that the FWD models have. If you can find the sport model of either the Equinox or the GXP model of the Pontiac these would be my first choice. The engines are 3.6V6 with DOHC and 6 speed transmissions. The truck has a bit of a firmer ride than the LS, LT or LTZ platforms. GM has really done a great job of putting the sport in a SUV without having to compromise on styling.
Great all around Vehicle by Mitch on 01/02/2010. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is so fun to drive. Great performance, Great sound system, very comfortable and lots of room. The equinox Sport steering and handling is Great as well. We love the heated seats, the car phone, bluetooth and the xm radio. This vehicle also has a 3500 lbs. tow rating. I tow my boat and atvs with the Equinox. The equinox is very good in the snow with the AWD. There is very little not to like about the Equinox Sport, Great styling, versatility, performance and handling. Equinox has 5 star frontal and roll over crash ratings. The Sport model has the 3.6 liter 264 hp motor that rocks.
Cons: I do not like most of the cup holders. The gas mileage has been between 16 and 23.
Overall review: The Equinox has been a pleasure and met my expectations. We were looking for a Johnny do it all vehicle, with comfort, performance and styling and the Chevy Equinox has delivered.
Nice Little Crossover by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/10/2009. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Sport AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The sporty look of this vehicle. The great gas mileage. 20.3 mpg around town. Handles great. Has everything one could want in a small crossover vehicle. Chevy should promote this vehicle a lot more. Very roomy inside, despite how small it looks outside. It has all the trimmings that the other models do not. Has great get up & go. Especially like the tap shifting.
Cons: The turning radius is not as good as it should be for such a small vehicle.
Overall review: Would give it a solid 9. I have driven quite a few vehicles in my time, this one is pretty nice for the price range & size that it is in. Chevy has nice all in one packages for most of their vehicles.
I love this suv by amandabear from Florida on 11/04/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this thing! I live in the woods and hit a florida deer at 50 mph and it only busted the plastic insert on the grille. No other damage. It also has anchors galore in the back seat. My toddler's car seat is strapped in so good it doesn't even move.
Cons: I wish it got better gas mileage, but its an suv so I already knew it wasn't going to be over 30 mpg.
Overall review: Great dependable suv with all the options I could want for driving around my toddler.
a good value by ruohaylo from prison city, MI on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Lots of room in the back. Fit two sheets of 1/2 inch plywood full sheets, and hauled them home great for picking up home supplies
Cons: The problem lights like stable track needs servicing and the check engine light comes on. Had it checked, gas cap lost its seal the stable track goes off until you hit a bump on the highway. I just I nor cause the light goes off. Scared me at first. Not now. .
Overall review: Like the car not fancy, but roomy for this country girl.