2009 Volkswagen New Beetle

Happiest car ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/14/2010. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle S Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is the best looking, best riding, most comfortable vehicle ever made. Get used to everyone smiling and waving at you as you drive the flashiest ride in town.
Cons: What's not to like? There's no room in the back seats, but if you want practical buy something else.
Overall review: There's more room in the front seats than in my Wife's Expedition
I Love My Bug by PZ, New Mexico on 05/22/2011. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I had a bug in high school and when I retired I knew I wanted one to tool around town. Great for parking. You really have to want a bug to buy a bug because there are lots of fuel efficient, small (American) cars out there. I love my bug and everyone has a bug story /slug bug they want to tell you about.. Back seat is small and uncomfortable, but If you want more room, don't buy a bug. It is what it is and that is what makes it so loveable.
Cons: I have had some issues: Can't put most regular unleaded fuel since it has ethanol and the car sputters if you get fuel with less than 87 octane and ethanol. It seems to run well on on super unleaded. The suspension is stiff and takes bumps or cracks in the road pretty hard. Can't seem to get rid of a squeak when I roll down the driver's window (have taken in several times) . The sound system was not too good (replaced speakers) and I don't really care for Sirius radio, I prefer XM and I miss OnStar from my GM vehicles.
Overall review: If you love a bug, you know that they are fun to drive, very nimble and a one-of-a-kind experience. Great second car and quality seems really good. Overall, I love this little car and would recommend to another bug-lover.
Style with Passion. by BigBopper on 06/06/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle S PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. It is great for 2 people with small children. With the seat folded down there is plent of room to haul grocerys and the like.
Cons: Just not an adult long distance 4 passenger car.
Overall review: Just a great all around vehicle.
My 2009 VW Bug - runs better than my 1969 VW Bug - under restoration. by Robert from Virginia Beach VA on 12/09/2013. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle S, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the quick engine response, acceleration, and easy handling, I have not had any problems with the power train. Air conditioning and heating work as advertised. I have driven over 106.330 highway miles without any mechanical problems.
Cons: Several problems within the two years. Had to replace the following items and all were covered by the warranty or by VW America: windshield wiper motors (weak); radio; trunk's exterior light loose and allowing water intrusion (activated car alarm)X2; key ignition assembly X3 (key assembly would stick). Had the driver's seat lever break (allows you to move the seat back or forward). Will cost $844.00 to replace the seat bracket assembly. VW would not cover the cost for something that should not break. Made the error in having non-VW technicians replace headlights. Each time cost exceeded $500.00 to repair.
Overall review: Overall, I have a soft heart for VW Bugs but the minor "breaks" is taking it's toll.
Love and Joy!!! by Carol from Collingswood, NJ on 05/30/2012. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle S PZEV Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Amazing. I love this car. I have a 2009 Convertible and just can't get enough of this car. I drive it everywhere. With the warm weather, I put down the top and off I go. VW made a real winner here.
Cons: I didn't buy this car sooner!
Overall review: The return of the joy of driving!