2009 Volkswagen Eos

Great Little Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/12/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Convertable hardtop. Overall fit and finish of the vehicle, well thought out and engineered
Cons: N/A
Overall review: Been driving the car for a few months now and have to say it's one of the few cars I've owned over the years that I truely enjoy. It is sporty enough to be fun to drive and comfortable enough to provide a nice ride along the way.
Sold on Eos by Ken from Arizona on 04/18/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Eos Lux PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love it, love it, love it. I got the VR6 with the R32 motor, it has plenty of power and gets good mileage. I also have a Mustang GT convertible and find that the hardtop feature on the Eos to be real convienent. It handles great and would buy another one.
Cons: The sports seats are a little tight for a large person and it has more wind noise than my mustang with the top down.
Overall review: It's my wifes car mainly and she would not trade it for any other car out there. She feels secure in it and the top is so easy to use.
we love it and are so happy we bought it! by jenny & mark on 06/02/2011. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The get-up-and-go of this car is amazing! My husband loves the acceleration! We only ever sit in the front setas and find them to be very comfortable, spacious, etc. We bought our Eos brand new in Fall 2009 so we have not had any problems with it. We are people who take good care of our vehicles but i'm sure if you were to mistreat it then something could become damaged. overall, this is a fabulous car for us and we enjoy it even more than we thought we would!
Cons: backseat is a bit cramped for full grown, adults with the top up. My 13 year old neice and 10 year old nephew sit in the back perfectly comfortable. with the top down, you obviously have more headroom in the back but legroom is still at a minimum. When the top is open, the trunk becomes compromised.i have still been able to fit a significant amount of groceries in it. if you live in a snowy cold winter environment like us, then you must be cautious with the windows. reason being,they tuck up in the edge of the roof when it is up and the doors are closed. if it is frozen temps then the windows need time ti thaw out before you can close the door to latch it to drive off in the car.
Overall review: overall we find there to be more pros than cons. this is a wonderful little car! pros: amazing acceleration comfy front seats satellite radio cool sunroof the fact that it is a convertible! cons: cramped backseat legroom/headroom when top is closed compromised trunk space when top open window operation in winter
Going topless in a VW by Roman R... on 10/15/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The 5 piece retractable hard top is well engineered and maintains a wow factor. Coupe like quiet with the top up. 2.0 T engine is fast and fun to drive. Interior is layed out nicely and feels like quality.
Cons: Back seat is essentially useless; for small kids only. They could have engineered another 3 or 4 inches into the length and that would have made a huge difference, but then it would treading too close to Audi territory. Too many moving parts that can and do go wrong on the top. My car had a minor malfunction on the top that took over three weeks for the dealer to fix. Service could be better. Computer assists can and do go awry and lastly, there are a few too many imperfections in the paint.
Overall review: Fun to drive, reasonably economical car to own (if you don't mind paying for premium gas) It wouldn't take much to take this car from very good to extraordinary. The dealer gave me an Audi A4 while mine was being repaired... couldn't help but notice they are essentially the same car but for 10K less and a better top design.
better than a bug by JO JO Atlanta on 10/12/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Eos Komfort, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. It turns on a dime! I love the imformation box that tells you your avg mpg. I took a road trip to FL and got 41 mpg. Around town I avg 31 mpg. I previously owned a Mustang. Love my EOS!!
Overall review: My first car was a vw bug. This car is much better than a bug. I like the fact that it is a hard top convertablie. I, also, like when you want to let the top up or down it is just the touch of a button and it is automatic. No locking like on the mustang.