2009 Volkswagen Passat

Awesome Value!!! by John from Colorado on 02/24/2010. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned 1 year.
Pros: THE ENGINE!!!! Wow this car will "get it" when you throw down the pedal on the 2.0L Turbo. The driving cabin is extremely flexible and comfortable. It seats my 5'9" wife perfectly and it seats my 6'4" frame more comfortably than any vehicle I have ever owned. The car has a solid and planted feel when driving through the curves aggressively....a "feel the road" sports car experience. When driving very conservatively, I am getting 33-34 mpg.
Cons: VWOA's stance that this engine can survive on 10,000 mile oil changes and that is their recommended and "free" maintenance program. I will be changing the oil and filter every 5k miles with 502 approved oil. Although it is a very cool conversation piece, I dislike the key fob. The battery ran out on one of my fobs and upon returning home on a flight, it was a MAJOR pain to get in the car. I wish they still had the "switch blade" key.
Overall review: Best car I have every owned. I love German engineering and their willingness to build a car that will comfortably fit a person over 6'2". This car comes loaded with standard features and is a huge value. Basically you get an Audi for the price of a Chevy.
VW could do better by Lash from Utah on 12/25/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The overall performance is good, and matchs up nicely against BMW, or Infinity. The ride is comfortable and stable, but wish the interior was more like the CC. Overall it is a very well assembled sedan that can be counted on when you push on the accelerator. I have owned LandRovers, and other luxery autos so I match this car up with them to make this observation. The service department is awsome at Cutrubus VW and if you go anywhere to buy a VW go there. Getting financing through VW is also a strong selling point for you don't have to go shopping for low rates
Cons: The dealership's! They destroy the purchase enjoyment, and I don't think anyone can deny this. The overall price of this vehicle is way too much for two months down the road you can purchase this for $20,000. VW taking away the warranty from 50,000 is a very negative issue for me I would rather pay for the oil changes, and tire rotations. This vehicle does very poorly in the snow.
Overall review: I purchased an extended warranty but I will cancel it in 6 months, due to the fact this vehicle is not worth the price tag that is attached to it. For the money I can do better, so after 2 years I will trade it in. I have a TDI Jetta that I like better than this vehicle. Be careful of South Towne VW in Utah...this is just a warning....do not be afraid to walk away from the dealership because there is more. I will never go back there for several reasons, and I have owned several very nice vehicles.
the best vehicle i have owned by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/05/2014. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything
Overall review: excellent and fun to drive
I wanted to love it... by Mike on 12/20/2013. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned 3 years.
Pros: looks great, very roomy and comfortable, good gas mileage, fun to drive
Cons: reliability, requires premium fuel
Overall review: I owned an '06 Passat and drove it to 70k miles. I loved it and never had an issue with it, so when the car was totaled in an accident I bought an '09 Passat. Although this car is still just as nice and fun to drive, I don't get to drive it nearly as often; it spends a lot of time in the shop.
vrrrroooommmm by joefromcali on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my car, from the outside in. The outside has a classy super-european look without looking european. Inside has a luxurious yet sporty style.
Cons: The servicing fees and repair costs are high
Overall review: awesome