2009 Mercury Mariner

2009 Mercury Mariner Prices
2009 Mercury Mariner Fuel Economy
Everything 95% of us Need by Ancient Mariner on 12/29/2009. Trim: 2009 Mercury Mariner I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: perfect size, great mpg, well equipped with sync, satellite radio, sunroof, etc. for much less than Toyota/Honda, smooth ride
Cons: would prefer it had disc brakes in back
Overall review: it's all good and I'd definitely get another
love my mercury by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/10/2011. Trim: 2009 Mercury Mariner Premier I4 4X2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: great cars fun to drive
Cons: not a thing
Overall review: have not had a thing go woung afer 60k plan own well over 200k
Top value small SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/28/2010. Trim: 2009 Mercury Mariner Premier V6 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, size, outstanding suite of safety features, conveniences (SYNC, dash/steering wheel audio/temp controls, ambient lighting, heated seats, reverse sensing system, keyless keypad entry system, rear window access, rear hatch releases upward), power, ride quality, driving position and visibility (rear visibility is greatly increased if rear seat headrests are removed - we rarely carry rear passengers), "roominess" and flexibility.
Cons: Engine noise when under load, wind noise (but only when the weather is windy), wish it had a telescoping steering wheel available, SYNC system has been problematic with phone link-up (Ford is constantly making updates) and cabin noises being transmitted (one update has relocated built-in microphone).
Overall review: This is my first ever non-sedan vehicle. When it came time to buy my wife a new vehicle, she kept steering me toward the Mariner simply because she likes the way it looks. Despite the fact that I was a Mercury salesman (and thus could get a decent discount), I spent a year comparing it with every other small SUV on the market (since it was MY money being spent). During this time Ford improved the Mariner's engine/transmission/suspension. I'm a value-driven consumer, and I became convinced during my year of research that the Mariner/Escape is the best balance of product/value/dependability on the market today. Everything is relative to the buyer: for us the CRV is harder riding and has more road noise; the Rav4's seats and door arm rests just didn't physically fit us well; Hyundai holds promise, but dependability and repair costs - while improving - are issues; Subaru was lacking in interior quality. After seven months and 15k miles, I am more impressed every time I drive the Mariner.
"My litte truck" by Freddie Boy on 07/21/2009. Trim: 2009 Mercury Mariner Premier I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Perfect size, not to small, not to big. Runs fine, adequate power with 6 speed auto! Rear door, open top window or entire door. Rear seats fold down flat for roomy loading. All doors open wide for easy enter & exit. All controls laid out very useful, with min hand or arm movement. Excellent turning & manuvering ability, very stable & easy to drive, slow or fast. While still maintaining 25+ mpg. Also 22+ mpg around town, this is where it really save's money on fuel. Of course 28+ mph highway is pretty dang good, for no X charge quad 171hp engine. Excellent value for price $22,878. Also nice trim, inside & out & real machined aluminum wheels, with Michelin tires!! Gotta Drive a MERCURY !!!
Cons: Not much, that I've noticed so far.
Overall review: Excellent vechile, comfortable, roomy, many little touches, color matched, very reasonable price, good to drive (highway or city), what else could one ask for !?!?
The American SUV that Could! by Traveling Grandparent on 03/30/2009. Trim: 2009 Mercury Mariner Premier V6 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is stylish in appearance and when driven properly the 26mpg is really good for its class of vehicle. The ability to haul items is a useful feature that I have come to appreciate. I have good leg room. The noise factor is much improved over another SUV i earlier owned. The controls for lights etc. are well placed. I like the radio controls on the steering column as well as the digital read out for direction, radio frequency, and temperature. The digital read out is at eye level. The text feature for the radio makes for enjoyable listening. The in-sync is helpful for cell phone use and is not only a convenience but a safety feature as well.
Cons: I do believe the dash could be a bit more colorful or attractive through the use of contrasting colors. I also wish there was one more plug in in the front seat area. I have a radar detector as well as a GPS.
Overall review: This is much improved over the similar model (Escape) I owned 5 years ago. I was glad to see it receive good ratings via Consumer Reports.