2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Great full size truck by Russell; Texas on 06/26/2009. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth ride, confortable seats, acceleration, auto 4WD, folding outside mirrors, MPG good for a full size 4WD truck. Radio/stereo system very good. AC will freeze you out even when 100 out.
Cons: Need overhead sunglasses case, power port in rear seat, more cupholders, radio station controls hard to get use to.
Overall review: Big improvements over my 2008 Ford I just traded off. Great value in a full size truck
First "New Generation" Truck by Country Doc on 11/16/2008. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My other car is a Mercedes 350 and the handling on this truck was a pleasant surprise. The ride is very smooth and the acceleration surprisingly quick. This is not my father's truck; rides like a sedan and still can handle pulling big loads. The interior finish is also much better than I expected from a pickup. Ride and acceleration are much smoother than the Tundra.
Cons: While the interior is nice, it can't compare to the Tundra SR5 and Limited. I would have preferred the shifter on a console rather than the old shifter on the tree format that Chevy has used since the beginning. However for at least $8000 less, it is a great bargain and rides better than the Tundra.
Overall review: Great truck with better ride than any of the competitors.
Just About Perfect. by Kenny from Alabama on 09/13/2012. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love this truck. The ride is great (even on rutted out dirt roads at 30 mph). No squeaks or rattles. Great acceleration, gas mileage, and will pull a trailer like it's not there. I have been very pleased with it for the almost 3 yrs. I've owned it. I have had only one issue with it. That was a taillight lens that fogged up every time it rained or got washed. Dealership replaced under warranty. No problem.
Cons: The one and only thing I don't like about it, is the 6 speed transmission is a little jerky. But hey, for the gas mileage I can live with that.
Overall review: I would not even think about owning another truck. It has done everything I needed it to with no problems. The best part of my day is going to work then coming home. I'm going to drive it for 10 yrs. and buy another one, just like I did with my last one('95 K1500 ext. cab Z71). p.s. I have 3 friends with just about the same truck, they love them too.
Lemon by Blair on 12/11/2013. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Ext. Cab Long Box 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: style is ok
Cons: engine had to be replaced after 42,000 miles. now I have multiple electrical problems in the vehicle. picked up vech this morning after repairs and by early afternoon was back at dealer for same issue. I hate My Chevy. unless they fix the problems permanently, I will never buy another chevy.
Overall review: poor Quality
feels solid by stephen baltimore on 05/15/2013. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: over all driveability
Cons: traction control engages when turned off
Overall review: run good for 4x4 truck
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next