2009 Saturn Sky

The In the Shop Out of the Shop Car by SkyRL from Orlando on 04/27/2010. Trim: 2009 Saturn Sky Red Line, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Excellent exterior styling. Sharp and attracts plenty of attention and stares.
Cons: Major breakdowns with lack of support from GM warranty services hard to find retailers who are willing to work on the car in the event of a failure which is very often. The interior is awkard and requires t rex fingers to work the window controls. Poor lighting interior and lack of xenons do not complete the car.
Overall review: Good car if for the price. Do not buy at a premium as this car is ready to be phased out. Hard to find parts that break only too often and GM is all about saving money rather than helping its ex valued customers.
The ULTIMATE fun & sporty roadster. by LUV CARS on 07/03/2009. Trim: 2009 Saturn Sky Red Line, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The styling, the performance, EVERYTHING ! And you can't ask to meet a better or friendlier group of people. I belong to several car clubs & the Sky/Solstice group is the most welcoming, friendly, helpful, & fun group you can will find. And this is true nationwide. I have driven almost every sports car sold in the USA over the past 25 years and nothing has matched the fun level of this car. And all for under 35K.
Cons: The cup holders are a pain & a bit too much plastic in the interior. But much of the plastic is easily recovered with leather at shops.
Overall review: I have owned this car for 2 years and LOVE it ! It is exactly what it is supposed to be - a sporty roadster. Anyone who complains that they can not haul a ton of stuff is the kind of person who needs an SUV - cuz I have packed enough clothing & supplies for a 10-day trip for 2 people in it - and that is with daily clothing changes, and extra outfits for going out. AND still took my laptop, jackets, and a emergency auto kit. And as for the guy who complained about the poor dash lighting in his rental - he most certainly did not look very hard or he would have easily discovered the light adjustment.
Beautiful Car by Craig on 08/01/2013. Trim: 2009 Saturn Sky Roadster, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Beautiful... This car gets plenty of looks. And why not it's beautiful. Great handling, sporty and responsive. This car was engineered to "add on" performance.
Cons: I love everything about it.
Overall review: I bought my Saturn Sky 2 years ago and love it!! It's a beautiful car. Handles awesomely. And again if you wanted trunk space you should have bought an SUV
Head Turner by GATR on 03/17/2013. Trim: 2009 Saturn Sky Red Line, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Styling and performanace. Fit and finish are excellent. No mechanical issues as of this date, 3/17/13.
Cons: Plastic dash.
Overall review: We liked the styling of the Saturn Sky when they first arrived on the scene. We purchased our emerald green metalic Red Line in February of 2009 when we learned that Saturn would possibily be phased-out. I'm glad we did not miss the opportunity to own this great roadster. Anyone that does not like the roominess of the Sky is welcome to take our 1 owner 79 MG Midit for a spin.
Fun little roadster by 60+ something on 05/06/2010. Trim: 2009 Saturn Sky Red Line, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is simply a fun car to drive. It brings smiles to people's faces and comments of envy. When I punch it pulling onto the freeway on an uphill climb I am doing about 90mph before I merge onto the freeway. I usually have to break to quickly drop it to 75mph. It is nimble and quick. It has the roadster fun drive character of the 1930's with the advanced technology of the 21st century.
Cons: The instrument panel is hard to read in bright sunlight. But, it also makes me 'feel the speed' I am driving. It is fun developing the tune between car and driver.
Overall review: I bought my 2009 turbocharged Sky in February of 2009. Only about 2500 were made with the automatic transmission. I knew it was going to be discontinued the day I bought it. Pity. It is a shame that the professional car reviews dog this vehicle with comments about noisey engine, (my Sky purrs when running and grows on accelleration; delightfull) difficult top, (that's what hands are for) no trunk space, (it is a Roadster!) What do you expect? An SUV? Really guys, I once had a Sunbeam Alpine. No trunk space there. The top was manual. And, my corvette had no space at all when the poptop was locked in behind the driver's seat. Doing stuff keeps you young. Pushing a button to lower the top is doing nothing. Anyway, keep dogging this little beauty and we shall see what will be said 10 to 15 years from now. I intend to have this car auctioned off as part of my will for my kids inheritance. Until then I am driving it with much pleasure.