2009 Toyota Tacoma

2 3 4 5 6  Next
THE EXCELLENT TRUCK by jorge on 01/16/2011. Trim: 2009 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab V6 Auto, Owned 2 years.
Pros: this a excellent
Cons: the maximus
Overall review: 100% goooddddddd
One mean truck by Atch on 11/23/2009. Trim: 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: There are a lot of things I like about it. The storage space is the absolute best. I bought it back in March and they had a $1500 dollar rebate which is almost unheard of when it comes to Tacoma's. The quality of the interior will not disappoint.
Cons: I bought the entry level. So I didn't realize that it didn't come with cruise control till after I bought it because what vehicle doesn't come without cruise control considering the price. I honestly didn't think about it because when a vehicle comes with power windows and all the basics you kind of assume. It makes me have to pay more attention on longer drives. Other than that I have no issues at this time.
Overall review: I was looking at other trucks like the Dakota, Colorado and Frontier. They just didn't have the interior space as the Tacoma. I have two kids in car seats and this truck is maybe just a little smaller than some of the full size trucks out there.
best mid size truck made by troublemanjoe from lake tahoe on 09/07/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: very powerful,seems more power than rating.pulls my 4000# 25' travel trailer up hills very easy.would blow the doors off my old suburban.handles like a car through the mountains where i live.handles off road bumps with ease.
Cons: rides a little rough on uneven roads. power seats would be nice and leather that aren't an option,then seat hight would be adjustable that everyone says are to low,i agree.
Overall review: the tacoma is the best mid size truck made.does everything a truck can do.if you want more than the 5' bed order the long bed.towing is very good someting not many mid-size trucks can say,probably the stroker engine that makes good low end torque.the transmission is smooth and fast shifting always picking the right gear.the japanese need to realize americans have long legs and some of us need to be able to raise the seats.that said the seats are very comforable and have nice side support.quality is very good but leather power seat option would be very nice.
Great towing truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/11/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the tow rating for this truck (6,500lb!!) for a V6!. I purchased this truck to tow a 19 foot travel trailer 3,500lb full. I had a '01 Highlander that I used tow to with. This truck does a much better job of handling the load and I can go further is a tank of gas. I have the TRD off road package with the backup camera and JBL system. It has all the things I wanted and needed in a truck. Has plenty of room in the interior for passengers and/or cargo. I would recommend this to anyone that is in search of a great mid size truck.
Cons: The rear suspension was a little too soft for towing or carrying any type of load in the bed, but toyota listened and came out with a Toyota Service Bulletin (TSB) and fixed the problem.
Overall review: If you are looking for a great mid size truck then this is it. It has plenty of room and cargo capacity and is built with quality.
Not at all what I expected. by Bvrplsr on 07/09/2010. Trim: 2009 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab V6 Auto, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the styling of this truck, has an agressive look to it. The seating was all comfortable. JBL stereo sounded pretty good.
Cons: The biggest problem I had was the A/C which at first began to fluctuate cold to warm. I live in Las Vegas, so cold A/C is a slight neccessity. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they replaced the compressor. This didnt change anything with the A/C, actually got worse. Took it in again and was told it was at spec, blowing at 44 degrees. In the summer I would have to leave the A/C on full blast for the whole time I was in the vehicle, this is the first car I have ever had to do this with (minus my 1990 vw fox). The second gripe was the drivers seat made a "clicking" sound when I turned right and there was a shift in weight ( im 160 lbs). Again, dealer could not duplicate this.
Overall review: Dissaponted with the Tacoma, not all its "hyped" up to be. Toyota service is lacking at best. This was my first Toyota and I was not impressed. I know there are alot of owners out there (including my family members) who love their Toyotas, I was just not as lucky I guess.
2 3 4 5 6  Next