2009 Cadillac CTS

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
CTS-V ULTIMATE SPORTSCAR by JIMMY "JJ" NASHVILLE,TN. on 12/17/2009. Trim: 2009 Cadillac CTS V, Owned 1 year.
Pros: THIS IS THE GREATESS CAR I'VE EVER OWNED.I'VE HAD MANY..NEVER HAD A CAR THAT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'M 22 AGAIN.IT'S THE FASTEST,MOST AWSOME,BEAUTIFUL CAR THAT I NEVER DREAMED COULD COME TO LIFE.
Cons: THE ONLY THING ABOUT MY CTS-V THAT I WOULD SAY IS A DOWNER IS IT'S MUCH SMARTER THAN I AM....ALL THE ELECTRONIC'S,MENU'S,AND COMPUTERIZED LUXURIES.
Overall review: I LOVE THIS CAR,AND IF ANYONE READ'S THIS AND THINK'S THAT CADILLAC COULD NEVER BE A WORD USED IN A SENTENCE THAT MENTIONED FASTEST AND RACEING,SHOULD TRY A TEST DRIVE.I BET IT WOULD CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Good, not great. by Alex from Rhode Island on 02/04/2010. Trim: 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6L SIDI AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling is impressive and unique. Great grill. Imposing stance. Nice unique black cherry color. All wheel drive is a must in the northeast. Tan interior is nice. Huge sunroof creates an airy interior. Pretty easy to operate nav and entertainment system. Bluetooth functions pretty well. OnStar is excellent - great that they can send directions to my nav system. I appreciate the OnStar emails. XM radio is great. Center stack is well thought out and attractive. I like the fact that you can get adigital readout of your speed. Superb handling. I also got 0% APR financing.
Cons: With only 4,000 mi, shifter broke and would not register that I was in park, took 2 trips to the dealer to get a new shifter assembly (none in stock, 1st replacement was defective). Suboptimal dealer experience (Cobalt loaner - really?). Car is heavy with AWD, and 300 HP hesitates. Needs a V8 or turbo that slots in below the V. Couldn't find a stick shift. No steering wheel shift paddles. Poor voice recognition. Poor rear legroom. Poor front legroom with AWD - wearing shorts in the summer, left calf always up against drivers side speaker -gets uncomfortable. Poor storage space in front - no place for sunglass case or phone if you have drinks in cupholders. Expensive. No rear camera.
Overall review: Good car, but not great. Feels small after owning it for 6 months, and the reliability issues are concerning. This was my final attempt to buy American, but the frustrating shifter problems and suboptimal dealer experience killed it for me. When my wife's BMW X5 needs service, they come to my house, pick it up, and leave another BMW. BMW is light years ahead in customer service. I felt I got a lot for what I paid, but I still paid a lot. But it's still missing a rear camera, front parking sensors, self adjusting high beams, electronically folding side mirrors and mirrors that adjust down when you are parking. I'm also concerned about the resale value. When I have the chance, I'll try to trade it in for the redesigned 2011 BMW 5 series with a V8, AWD, stick shift and the latest version of iDrive. It'll cost more, but I'll probably be happier.
CTS-V Fun Car by Dan on 11/18/2009. Trim: 2009 Cadillac CTS V, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: POWER!!
Cons: Cup holders.
Overall review: The CTS-V has a ton of power and is fun to drive. It is a sports car that can haul the family aroud in style.
Good job "old" GM by KC on 06/29/2009. Trim: 2009 Cadillac CTS V, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I did get all the extras and I am pleased with the style and the function of all the interior options. Very quiet and very comfortable. Bluetooth is excellent, as is the navigation and stereo system with the hard drive. Now I would consider this a must have option. The seating package was not what I wanted to spend extra on but very glad that I did, it is worth the extra money. Seats 5, with 1 car seat, fine. No headroom or legroom issues. Very fast and handles nearly as well as my Vette.
Cons: MPG is what it is and comes with any car like this. Still worth it.
Overall review: My score 9.5+, would add a touch more side-effect, put 20's on the back.
Best sport sedan ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/29/2009. Trim: 2009 Cadillac CTS V, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Awesome car not much to not like. Manual transmission shifts super smoothly, interior and exterior is finished very well. Best Cadillac design/finish job I have ever seen. Racaro seats are a must have options. standard seats are fine but the racaros not only look good but are extremely comforatable for long drives and or agressive sport driving.
Cons: If there is one, its the gas mileage. Although anyone buying a 556HP car shouldn't be worrying about mpg.
Overall review: THE performance sedan to own
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next