2009 Ford Escape

Terrible Purchase by Gabriel from Metro-Detroit on 01/17/2013. Trim: 2009 Ford Escape XLT FWD V6, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the styling and power of my 2009 Escape XLT V6. Likewise, I appreciate the mud tray, multiple seating configurations, and towing capacity. The fuel economy is not bad either. *****I ran out of room in the "cons" area, the following are more cons***** Dash is impossible to keep clean. Very poor design on the locking mechanism for the roof rack, need tools to adjust it. Wiring harness for trailer works intermittently, despite multiple attempts by dealer to fix it. Remote start unit falls out from under dash, dealer attempted to fix it with double sided tape. Sync system often has a mind of its own and repeatedly asks if I want to run a vehicle health report. Sunroof leaks.
Cons: The transmission has been rebuilt twice, the first time with under 12,000 miles. The fan never worked on settings 1 or 2. The AC stopped working as soon as the warranty expired. The keypad on the door no longer illuminates and only works intermittently. Rusting on rear lift gate and doors despite regular washing and waxing. Seats are awful, spilled water even stains them and they are very difficult to clean. Seats are very uncomfortable. Dealership nor Ford corporate office will stand by this product.
Overall review: This vehicle represents the worst purchase I have ever made. I researched for a very long time before choosing this car, but obviously failed somewhere. This vehicle has been nothing but a giant let down since around 8,000 miles. The biggest disappointment is the third reate treatment I get from the dealership and the Ford corporate offices when I attempt to discuss the problems with them. I will never buy another Ford product. I can understand that brand new vehicles can occasionally exhibit problems that are not typical or representative of the model or brand. However, the absolute unwillingness to stand behind their product is unacceptable. If you're looking at Ford vehicles, look elsewhere.
Little SUV that could by ubuddy1shoe on 12/18/2013. Trim: 2009 Ford Escape XLT 4WD I4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: 4wd-traction control decent stereo. So far pretty reliable
Cons: Black cloth seats can not be cleaned. Cowl are loads up with debris and lets water get into heater/ac duct work. Thought it was sunroof but found out that was not the problem. Very noisy engine.
Overall review: own a 2013 model and like the 2009 better
Sweet Ride by Moozey on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2009 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It handles great in snow. You just feel safe and confident in this vehicle , like you can depend on it running , starting , etc etc. And the power... it's got a lot of great power , even up here at 5357' I can easily overtake someone with only seconds to spare!
Cons: I don't like the black interior. It always looks dirty and cruddy. I am forever swiffering and vacuuming. There's no lock button in the back near the tailgate and window... My old Explorer had a lock button , easy peasy. I do think it is loud on the highway. but it's not so loud your ears are humming from the road vibration and noise , along with a loud stereo. I never use the moonroof... so save yourself some money.
Overall review: If I had bought an Escape with a different interior , I'd be keeping this one ten+ yrs like I did my Explorer. But I know I'll be getting rid of it because I just hate that black interior!
Love This Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/27/2009. Trim: 2009 Ford Escape XLT FWD V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. For the first 2 weeks I owned it, I didn't want to go into my house. It's pretty, mine is blueberry colored. It is easy to drive, both holding the road, and being very manuverable. It has sync and sirius. I love it. It has good crash ratings, and I can't wait for mardi gras, when I can park it in a crowded parking lot because it is small. The seats are comfortable. It keeps track of important driving statistics. I love it. What else could you possibly want when you have a vehicle like this??
Cons: Because of the 6 gears, it accelerates a little slowly, at slow speeds.
Overall review: I love this vehicle.
Great Little SUV by Rusty on 11/11/2013. Trim: 2009 Ford Escape XLS FWD AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This little SUV gets excellent fuel mileage. I bought a 2009 escape in 2010 with 18K miles on it and been great driving ever since. About a month after a bought it. I hit a deer and was able to keep going. It gets up to 31mpg HWY and 23mpg CITY. Just put new tires on it, the vehicle has 81250 miles on it. No real or major problems with the 09 escape.
Cons: Nothing yet to report.
Overall review: Great gas mileage and tough little truck.