2009 GMC Acadia

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
a "very wise choice" by DESERT DOCTOR on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2009 GMC Acadia SLE-1 FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I SOLD VEHICLES FOR 10 YEARS--THIS IS -BY FAR-THE BEST I HAVE EVER OWNED/DRIVEN !!!! EXCELLENT RIDE,HANDLING,POWER. MY ONLY HOPE IS WHEN THE 2012 MODELS COME OUT I CAN GET ANOTHER ONE-LIKE THIS ONE WHICH GETS BETWEEN 23--25 MPG. GET A"GMC" ACADIA AND YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU MADE THE "INVESTMENT" !!!! I HAD A- 1986 S-15 JIMMY- FOR 23 YEARS TROUBLE-FREE.. CAN'T GO WRONG WITH ----GMC PRODUCTS" !!!!!! DR.P.
Cons: NOT A THING !!!
Overall review: FABULOUS VEHICLE 10 PLUS
Luck of the vehicle draw. by Kansas Grandma on 01/06/2013. Trim: 2009 GMC Acadia, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Has alot of room and the motor has alot of pick up and go.
Cons: With only 24,000 miles on my '09 I have received a letter from GMC giving me a 100,000 warranty on the timing chain due to problems on these vehicle, have had the front passenger air bag light go off and after two visits to the dealer, it was fixed to find out that it was a recall. Now, when I shut off the car and lock it with the remote the radio still stays on even when I reopen the door and have been gone awhile. My local dealership has been good about helping me, but cannot find out the cause. I bought this car new and am trading it off, as I don't want to be stranded. I have never had a new car with so many problems w/so few miles on it.
Overall review: Good luck! I know people who have had awesome luck with theirs and know of a couple who couldn't get to work without it dieing on them with only 20,000 miles on their Acadia and finally got tired of the unreliability of it, so got rid of it.
Let's You Keep Your Mancard by PopDaddy in Peterborough, NH on 02/24/2010. Trim: 2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We are a family of five that makes many long driving trips each year. I am 6'3" and weigh 248lbs (still under 250!!!) and my wife is 5' 100lbs. We both find the car remarkable comfortable with clear lines of visibility on all sides, which is rare to find. We love all the features and the way it looks. But, most importantly, we love the way it rides. It cruises at 80 easily. It is nearly two years old and it has required (knock on wood) no garage time other than routine maintenance. We live on a mountain in New Hampshire .. it performs like a champ in the snow.
Cons: I wish it came in a v8, but the 6 cylinder is more than adequate even for us climbing up and down the mountains where we live.
Overall review: We will buy another one of these when it comes time to trade it in. We average about 24,000 miles a year and we can be hard on our cars. This has been a stalwart. We traded in a Ford Expedition and really appreciate the amount of room the Acadia has inside and how much less space it takes up in our garage. Storage everywhere ... very well engineered. Definitely designed with the active family in mind. We have the split second row and dig it! Super easy access to the back row for our kids. The split back row allows for a bounty of storage space for hockey bags and sticks. It is a fantastic family car and much more manly than a mini-van (no need to hand in my mancard when I drive it). Highly recommend it.
wish they'd get through the hiccups on this truck by Acadia Owner on 07/13/2014. Trim: 2009 GMC Acadia, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the style. Love the room. Love how it handles.
Cons: Had to put in a whole new transmission at 75,000 miles to the tune of $5000. Made it another 25,000 miles and the transmission is done for.
Overall review: Just makes me sad.
Fantastic all around "DAD" car by DelcoBill from Broomall, PA on 01/13/2011. Trim: 2009 GMC Acadia SLE-1 FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The best large vechicle I have owned. I love how it handles and the surprising power for a V6. The car is so flexible with the center bench and 8 passenger seating. The looks are great (especially coming from a minivan). Buy this Car!
Cons: The clips for the floormats constantly break. I had to have a new steering rack put into the car at 31,000 miles. Don't even attempt to replace the headlights yourself. You have to take off the tire and wheel well cover to access them. The rear view for backing up (without a camera) is a challenge. Get that options.
Overall review: You will love this car. Practical, looks good, drives great and the gas mileage is great for a car this big.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next