2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

Comfortable Ride SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/13/2011. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 1HY 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Quite ,comfortable and handle very well on highway
Cons: No rear seat adjustment, no spare tire or jack
Overall review: 9.8 overall. very solid and safe vehicle
Great mileage and comfort by Grant from Richland on 10/17/2010. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 1HY 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfort both in town and highway driving, power, tight turning radius, great sound system, excellent gas mileage for a SUV, and user friendly navigation system.
Cons: Transition from regenerative braking to ABS is not smooth. When I hit the brakes hard, the ABS does not initially activate.
Overall review: This is my second Tahoe (2002) and between the new body style and fuel mileage of the hybrid, I have really enjoyed this truck. For the large size, it maneuvers well in parking lots and in town driving. The comfort is always what passengers comment on, especially when transporting people on long trips. The fit and finish is excellent, and the power is impressive especially when passing at freeway speeds. I have averaged 19.1 mpg for the first 40K miles, but recently switched to a non-ethanal gas and the mpg has increased 15% (to my surprise). I am now averaging 21+ mpg mixed driving for the last 1000 miles. Whenever I take business people on extended trips, someone wants to buy the Tahoe when I am ready to sell. This really is a great truck and I will probably buy another when my daughter talks me into selling her this one. I will be buying more advanced hybrid vehicles in the future.
Nice vehicle for towing and travel by Don in Chicago on 07/17/2010. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 1HY 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: In addition to the previous review I am impressed with the sharp turning radius -- I did not expect this vehicle to be so easy to drive -- at first my wife avoided driving it -- thinking it was to large -- after driving it for a while, she is no longer intimidated driving it in Chicago/Wrigleyville
Cons: I wish the back window opened separately from the door and it did not come with a roof rack -- the after market one cost about $550
Overall review: Excellent
GM has a winner! by Betsy - WI on 09/11/2008. Trim: 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 1HY 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: So far (have only had 2 weeks) I love this vehicle!! The tahoe replaced my gas guzzling 2005 Trailblazer. Much better city mileage 20 -21. In addition this vehicle teaches you how to conserve gas, should you so desire. Typical comfortable ride and pick up like our previous Tahoe's. I figured why not have the comfort of the Tahoe and improve my mileage. I have white with tan interior and one very nice looking vehicle!!!
Cons: The one drawback is the batteries (2) are under the middle seat, which when folded down they sit up a little higher. Basically this is a non-issue I have learned to work with it.
Overall review: I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone that appreciates the Tahoe.