2009 Scion xD

Definitely give the Scion xD a chance...you won't be disappointed by Jeremy, Atlanta GA on 03/27/2011. Trim: 2009 Scion xD 5-Door, Owned 2 years.
Pros: - Excellent gas mileage: I average around 34 city and up to 43 on the highway. - Ground clearance: I really hate having to climb up out of a car to get out. That is not a problem with this car. Excellent head room too. - Fun to drive: responsive steering, enough power (stick shift) - Lots of standard features: power windows/locks, iPod/Zune ports, satellite radio ready, standard Toyota-style radio controls on steering wheel - Nice firm seats
Cons: - Interior road noise is a little high - Sometimes on the highway, 5th gear still seems too low.
Overall review: I bought my xD new in 2009 and I still love this car. I still enjoy it, it still looks good, and it still drives and performs perfectly.
2009 Scion xD by Dad from Louisville on 03/17/2010. Trim: 2009 Scion xD 5-Door AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Gas mileage is better than advertised. I drive a balanced mix of hwy/city and avg. over 32mpg. You can get over 35mpg hwy easy, even with a lead foot. Roomier interior than expected. I fit two toddler seats comfortably in the back seat and the cargo area fits more than you might think (including golf clubs w/o folding the backseats down).
Cons: Only complaint is the acceleration. Probably a main issue b/c of automatic transmission, but pick-up from 0-45 is very sluggish. Even worse with another adult in car. Any extra weight or uphill incline can be felt dramatically in acceleration. I'm too used to driving at least a V6 engine.
Overall review: I highly recommend this vehicle. Good styling, excellent standard options and gas mileage. I enjoy no haggle pricing on all Scions as well.
Awesome Car by Cody from Lake Havasu, Arizona on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2009 Scion xD 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have had my car for about 3 months now, and I have to say I love everything about it. I went for the manual because the AT seemed a little hesitent and I love to drive this car. I went from a big truck to this and I have to say I love it. The base model like I got came with everything I needed, I added 2 subs in the truck area(which takes up most of it, but I'm ok with that) and tinted the windows and it looks amazing. Now all I need are wheels and tires.
Cons: So far nothing. I average 31 mpg in town and when I drive to San Diego I average 36-38 mpg, but I would like a little more power out of the car, just to feel a little more safe in those passing situations.
Overall review: Overall I love this car and would recommend it to anyone, The only problem is, now all my friends with big trucks want me to drive them around! haha
THE WHITE NIGHT by CWLEELEE on 06/10/2010. Trim: 2009 Scion xD 5-Door, Owned 2 years.
Pros: EVERYTHING IT GETS 25 MPG AROUND TOWN AND 38 ON HIGHWAY.
Cons: NOTHING
Overall review: ITS THE LAST CAR I WILL EVER BUY. IM 81 AND WILL LIVE TO BE 100
Value for the money by San Francisco on 12/14/2009. Trim: 2009 Scion xD 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We've had the car 10 months and overall it's a very good car. Gas mileage is better than advertised. Has good get-up-and-go and handles very well at higher speeds with sharp turns. Like the price too.
Cons: The compartment on the left of the driver has already broken off. Lots of road noise. Rough ride. I drive over street car tracks daily and it feels like I hit a huge pot hole. With our other cars, (Camry, Jetta) I barely even feel those tracks.
Overall review: Overall we like the car. It's the right size for living in the city and gets the gas mileage we were looking for.