2009 Pontiac G6

Where'd the excitement go? by Dan on 04/20/2009. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Exterior styling is nice. The dash layout and overall interior looks good and has a tight feel.
Cons: On the highway, the car has an off-center feel that makes distances arduous. This was not an issue of alignment but rather that the car just doesn't hold a line. Smaller issues include a center armrest that's so small a far toward the back of the car that it's of little use unless you go with the streatch driving position. The stock radio is mostly useless on the road with wondows down, and the control layout is odd. The stock seats are also really uncomfortable after the first 2-3 hours, so beware of any long hauls.
Overall review: My impressions are based on an 800 mile rental. The car had around 4000 miles on it. Around town it was fine, but the V6 and auto responsiveness to being pounced on was under-whealming and whiney. I try to rent different vehicles each time I travel, and once again GM had failed to impress.
Test Driver
Poor Man's sports car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/13/2012. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G6.
Pros: The power. Those who said this car was under powered makes me wonder what car were they driving? I had the v6 and on several occasions it went well over 100mph without a problem. Out of the gate it was fine. If this car is under powered what more power do you need? Race car maybe?
Cons: The orange dash lighting seemed a little old school.
Overall review: This car was the perfect poor man's sports car. It was my company car for nearly a year but eventually it had to go back and I was sad to see it go!
Amazing choice! by New from Texas on 10/05/2011. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very stylish and gives a luxury feel, while maintaining a good price. Got a good 'kick' to it when you go to accelerate. Very nice choice for a first car, not too much negatives which would prevent you from buying it. Good seats and mine has ipod plug in. Fold down back seats nice for bigger cargo. Automatic lights for those who forget to turn them on. Has a nice look to it that can make eyes turn. Not many drive Pontiacs( Atlease in my town) and will stand out. Also it does good on gas milage for a v6.
Cons: Most of the cons are going to be 'little things'. First off the interior seems cheap and just thrown together. Front wheeled drive, which isn't bad, but is a personal preference. Not a normal GT power, but acceptable. Some vibrations, which come from a combination of stiff shocks (because of the GT model) and the cheapy interior.
Overall review: Very good car, all negatives are just personal preferences. If you want to get your son or daughter a car this is it! Has a good style with a little lacking on the power which some parents are thankful for. Had mine for about 6 months and had no issues, very happy with it and wouldn't imagine anything else. So if you are just looking at the negatives, don't because it's a beautiful car and will give you years of enjoyment!
Good Experience by Bobbie on 06/26/2014. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan (New), Owned 4 years.
Pros: Love the style of the Pontiac G6. The front style is awesome. I bought mine new and have been very pleased with it. Gas mileage is good. I have owned Pontiacs in the past and they have been good cars. I was sad when GM quit making the Pontiac.
Cons: I am not crazy about the sound system in my G6. I guess you have to upgrade to a more upscale model to get a good sound system.
Overall review: I like this vehicle. Maintenance costs have been minimal. There were a couple of recalls for minor things. So far, no big problems with the car. I would buy another one if they were still being made.
Great car by Joe in Springfield, TN on 03/14/2011. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling, fuel economy, appearance and ride.
Cons: Entry and Exit: low roof and I keep banging my head and I'm only 5' 4"
Overall review: Great car overall. I bought it in December '09, new and now have 14,700 miles on it