2009 Pontiac G5

2009 Pontiac G5 Prices
2009 Pontiac G5 Fuel Economy
Pontiac G5 by Nik from Pennsylvania on 03/05/2011. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G5 Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I do like the stereo that this car has, I like to turn my music up loud and I usually have my bass on its max and so far it hasn't dissapointed me. The interior isn't bad, I have black interior with the carbon fiber like trim and I haven't really seen that in a lot of cars I've looked at, other than the tC. I also like how the car has a slight tint in the windows, I noticed when you look at it from certain angles it gives the cars windows a really dark look and it looks cool with my white G5.
Cons: I dislike that it is only a 4 cylinder, but it is better on gas I suppose. I also dislike that it and the cobalt are identical, I only picked the G5 because like someone else mentioned all you see anymore are people driving cobalts! I've seen maybe a handful of G5's around my area.
Overall review: Overall, I do like my car, I wish it had a bigger engine, but it is better on gas. I wanted a G6 gt coupe, but my dad talked me into getting this car, so I could save some money on gas and it was about $2000 cheaper than the G6 I was looking at. I bought the car brand new, which I would say don't do, buy one used, I spent $17,000 on mine and it was def. not worth spending that much on it! Especially since the value on the car has gone down like crazy! I would say its a great first car for someone if a parent is looking for a newer nice car for their kid.
Check it out - you won't be disappointed with what you find. by GV Grad on 10/14/2009. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G5 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: There are many many things to find to love on this car. The sound system is very good, power windows and locks come standard, GREAT gas mileage, HUGE trunk - I was amazed at how much trunk space there actually is in this car.
Cons: There isn't much that I dislike about this car. The only thing that comes to mind is the blind spots - they are pretty big. Now my previous vehicle was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport with nearly no blind spots so perhaps they seem bigger to me on the car. As long as you know how to properly adjust your sideview mirrors (and use them) you shouldn't have any issues. Oh and the fact that the Pontiac nameplate is being pulled. Doesn't make a whole sense to me as it seems like every other car on the road is a Pontiac...... Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers that they will bring it back at some point in time.
Overall review: This is a fun little car. When I first got the car I was concerned about the size - it seems VERY tiny compared to the Jeep, but I've gotten accustomed to the size very quickly. Because it's only a 4 cyl I was assuming that it wouldn't have much "get up and go".... I was pleasantly surprised. I loved my Jeep but I'm very happy to be back into a Pontiac once again. I'm very glad that I made the decision to get a Pontiac - for close to the same price you can get basically the same car with a Chevy Cobalt. But where I live there seems to be a Cobalt everywhere you look. I've had my car for 2 months now and I've seen maybe 5 other G5s.
Great little car by Ken on 02/23/2011. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G5 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, comfort. Fuel economy
Overall review: I bought this car as a replacement for a Kia Spectra (which was stolen and wrecked). I really like the features that are included. It has the ECO-Teck four cylinder coupled with the 5 speed manual transmission. There is plenty of power for around town or passing another on the highway. The look is very sporty. ( I had black racing stripes added to make it stand out) I get a lot of comments on the car. Fuel economy ranges between 29 in town to 39 on the highway. I would buy another and recommend the same to anyone. i
Sporty. Functional. Economic. You get a LOT for LESS... by Phil from Illinois on 12/17/2010. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G5 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Ecotec 4-cylinder automatic has suprising acceleration, smooth shifting, and decent gas mileage. Styling is simple yet sporty, and the white-faced gauges are a nice touch. iPod/MP3 AUX, XM Radio, and OnStar are a plus, as well as a monitoring system for tire pressure, oil life, temperature, and gas mileage. Where the tires fall short in performance, they make up for it in fuel economy.
Cons: Although the stereo is quite functional, the sound system is disappointing without the Pioneer audio upgrade. The base model suspension does not accomidate the torque of the peppy 2.2 liter VVT engine, but GT models have a suspension upgrade. Unless you opt for the upgraded rims/tires, the 15 inch "donuts" and wheel covers are not very flattering, and lack in performance.
Overall review: With a new set of wheels/tires and aftermarket speakers, the G5 is respectably a sporty ride with good fuel economy and modern tech functionality (for, comparably, a LOT less money)
The Best! by Jeska Nicole from Dallas on 08/07/2009. Trim: 2009 Pontiac G5 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love a lot of things about this car! I like that it has 2 doors, it has a great sound system, & it handles really well on the road! I have black interior in mine & I think it looks great! Also, I got my car for a really great price! Just under 13,000! I got an automatic w/ power windows, power doors, and a stereo/cd player! It's actually my 1st car, I'm 16 & a lot of my friends love it!
Cons: Nothing really bad about it that I can think of! Except, of course, I would absolutely love to have a 6 cd changer like my mom! lol She has a G6 w/ lots of stuff on it!
Overall review: It's overall an amazing car! I deffinitly reccomend it! :)