2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Prices
2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Fuel Economy
A Hybird SUV can be extremely fuel efficient by Debbie of Glendora, Ca. on 09/17/2008. Trim: 2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Touring HEV 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like sitting higher off ground. Getting about 40mpg.when I'm in slow traffic on freeway. Electric mode is great, last for about 1 1/2 miles. Love idea of not polluting.
Cons: I dislike the handbreak release due to the fact it hurts my arm. Also I dislike the way you have to turn on/off headlights.
Overall review: I like the idea of electric mode while sitting in traffic or red light. If you use a light foot you can get up to 35 miles per hour before gas goes on. I'm always trying to get 40 miles or better per gallon. I drive 20 miles one way to work. In one tank of gas I got 41 1/2 mpg. You will be surprised how with a light foot and traffic below 35mph how long you can stay in electric mode.
Mazda's great little secret by Electric lover from Claremont on 07/14/2008. Trim: 2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid Touring HEV 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The ride is fine and the interior is roomy. I like the display that tells you things like average mpg and miles left till empty. The stereo has an aux input, something I find essential for mp3 players and dvd audio. I love the fact that when you're sitting in traffic or at a red light that seems to last forever you're not wasting gas or pumping out pollutants.
Cons: The average mpg is only up to 27.8 which is less than expected but that could be because someone in the family has a lead foot! The a/c should run on battery power as well to save gas. An extra row of seats would be nice, at the moment you have to pay an another $10k for a Highlander to get that. The styling is very brick like, I prefer the sleeker looks of the crossovers, although you do sacrifice some space for that. The brake release is set too low down, the designer must have had ape like arms.
Overall review: I've only had it 2 months and so far there's been no major problems, over all I would recommend it for anyone who wants a basic but environmentally kinder SUV. Mazda need to market it better, I found plenty of these available locally despite the limited release and high demand for gas misers right now, I even got a discount on it, not that I'm complaining.