2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Lancer Exceeds Expectations by nick from ohio on 12/26/2009. Trim: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great Styling! Lots of compliments from friends and family, didnt have to spent big money to get the looks i liked. I really like the smart key (unlocks doors and starts car without keys!) Great audio system with disc changer and sunrood neat digital trip computer for under 20k.I was very suprised to see 7 air bags, ABS, and Active Stabilty Control standard on ES Models. Last many over look Mitsubishi has a great warranty that is much longer than its competitors so i didnt need to buy a $1000-2000 extended warranty to feel protected. Glad i cheecked it out was looking at Cobalt, Focus, Civic and Corolla- those last two are overpriced and the Toyota super boring
Cons: Cant really complain about anything, had more than i expected for a so called economy car
Overall review: Lancer offers great looks, safety features and lots of technology and many cool options if you want them. Would tell others to check it out and get away from the typical Honda,Toyota, Chevy and Ford compact crowd
Fantastic Car. by Solar Flare on 04/03/2009. Trim: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very good looking car, front grill and hood looks mean, just driving this thing around I get head nods from people, very quick launch, if done right, I managed a 0-60 in 5.5 seconds from a standstill. (Brake torque) Grips the road very well for having stock Yokohama Advan A10 tires. (Summer) LOVE the Twin Clucth SST Transmission, it shifts faster automatically then most people can shift a full Manual Tranny.
Cons: Heavy Rims and summer tires, get lighter rims and better gripping tires if you buy this car, other than that, great car.
Overall review: You get a great mix of hardware and technology in this car, its fun to drive and it drives VERY well.
Amazing Value! Best Looking Car on the Road! by Lancer From Florida on 05/15/2008. Trim: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I was looking at a 2008 Civic EX coupe, and Mazda3 Touring, but I decided to look at Mitsubishi. They only had one 2008 GTS left, and it was a bad gold color, but they just got some '09s in, but the GTS had a bigger engine with less mpg. They directed me to an ES Sport, with the sport package and sun and sound. After the test drive, the Lancer killed the Civic and everyway possible, I love the guages. Then when they gave me a price 2 grand lower than the Civic, with a billion more features, I was shocked. Needless to say I own a 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer ES Sport with CVT, the sport package (looks like a GTS) and the Sun and Sound package that I bought for 3 grand under the msrp.
Cons: The gas mileage I wish was better. I love the little LCD computer in the middle of the guages that tells the MPG, and the current MPG bar! At times Im like look, im getting 75 mpg!! But it has been pretty good at the average mpg. I am getting about 28.5 mpg, but the Civic would have gotten over 30. And what people have been saying about the Navi and Tech package I am thinking I should have went for that, but the price I paid I couldn't get a Cobalt or a Focus without hubcaps for that price!
Overall review: This is an excellent car! Although female drivers would prolly have picked the Civic, the Lancer feels more like a man's car. I did not like the layout of the guages in the Civic, and the fact they would not budge on the price. The Mazda3 was a lot more than the Civic. I got a better car for a lot cheaper than both!! Get the ES Sport or GTS though, the leather wrapped steering wheel feels great. The car is pretty quick too, I have had it to over 100 and the car rides smooth. Off the line it gives a kick, and I like how the CVT will hit like 4000 rpm and stay there until you get the speed you need before moving. The stereo is amazing! 650 watts! With Sirius radio! Throw on Area 33 and crank the volume to 30 and yeah, its cool! Plus it feels a lot like a luxury car. I ride in my friends Acura TL a lot, and I would rather be in my car!
Evo brother by Islandboy from Miami on 02/08/2014. Trim: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Has all the bells & whistle's in a simple car, good road holding, 4 years now & 113,000 miles - from brand new. I drive 100 miles a day. So, I can tell you. I have 3 Mit's in the family 1998 Montero sport 4x4, 2 lancers 2.4, all 5 speed gearbox. The only problem I had was 3rd gear, syncos had to be replaced. Dealer did it in 3 days, no problem since- Kendal Mitsubishi, Miami, FL.
Cons: Can't get to change my service counter on the dash and remove the 30 minute cut out with radio on.
Overall review: none
Test Driver
Fun Family Car by Cincyhighlander on 08/08/2013. Trim: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.
Pros: Roomy rear seat, shiftable automatic, pretty good handling
Cons: Line of sight due to spoiler
Overall review: I drove this car for an hour on a test drive just to see if it would work for me. The handling on the GTS that I drove was great on windy backroads. I didn't floor it or anything, but I felt it handled great. The Rockford Fosgate sound system was a perfect sound addition. I'm not into big thumping bass, but it did allow me to hear some of the low end of the music that was on. The shiftable automatic makes it fun to drive too. My wife can't drive a manual and I miss the fun of controlling a car. The back seat had plenty of room, I'm 6ft tall, and that was before I moved the seat UP to match my driving setup. I was quite surprised by the roomy interior as well. The style of the car really caught my eye. I like how it appears wider than it actually is. The only complaint that I had on my drive, was that the rear spoiler was in my line of sight in the rear-view mirror. This is a great car and can't wait to purchase one for my family.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next