2009 Hyundai Sonata

Buy It You'll Like It!! by Mike from New Mexico on 08/18/2012. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Sonata SE V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very comfortable driving car. The fit and finish is very good especially for a car that cost under $30K. Nice acceleration, good braking, plenty of power. Visibility is good. Have a little over 90K miles on it and the only problems we've had were early on with a broken door handle and window regulators going bad (no problems the last two years).
Cons: No cons I love the car!
Overall review: A very good car to own.
Great car by Shawn on 03/07/2012. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Sonata SE V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Low maintenence costs, excelent handeling and smooth ride. Heated leather seats are great in the winter!!
Cons: Needs more leg room in the back seat 6'2 not great for long hauls. Also needs auxilary plugs for the back seating area
Overall review: Love it very dependable car!!
A Korean Lexus by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/03/2012. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Appearance, silky smooth V6, world-class interior, look for a Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned for added peace of mind, good quality/price/power/fuel economy ratio, wicked warranty, runs on 87 octane (regular).
Cons: Clunky and noisy suspension - BUYER BEWARE, sometimes hard shifting transmission (1st to 2nd), Limited trim could use upscale equipment like rear sensors, memory seats, auto up/down window for passenger, power passenger seat.
Overall review: Our 2009 Sonata Limited V6 was purchased from our local Hyundai delearship as Certified Pre-Owned vehicle in December 2011. With 46,000 miles on the ticker, it looks like we bought a great car in all but one aspect. I will elaborate on that one aspect immediately before gushing on how great this car has been so far. Please road test your Sonata on all road types to check for a "k-thunk" noise in the undercarriage. It is also perfectly duplicatible should you want a technician to hear it. Although no technical service bulletins, recalls or defect investigations have been issued, suspension-related complaints are present on government websites. Further online research could not yield further issues with this noise other than... the noise. So far, it is simply annoying and lessens the quality of an otherwise impeccable ride. Yet the car shines outside, inside (especially) and under the hood. My family loves the car and we recommend a "k-thunk"-free version to anyone.
Hyundai is On the Rise...Again! by BumboclotGCoupe on 10/20/2011. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Love the looks, inside & out. Test driven the new (2011) Sonatas but interiors aren't as "luxurious" as mine; it's the woodgrain. My interior is larger; more "sleek" means less interior room. There's no replacement for displacement & this 3.3L V6 is proof of that. I own a 2010 GCoupe 3.8L V6 Track A/T; acceleration isn't the same, but it will get up & go when you put your foot down! Very smooth ride! Doesn't handle like my GCoupe, not supposed to, but holds its own when changing lanes & cornering. I was TOTALLY satisfied with EVERY aspect of my Sonata until I purchased my GCoupe which spoiled me! Making a few modifications to minimize the driving & performance differences between the two.
Cons: I had NO cons regarding this car until as I said above, purchased the 2010 Genesis Coupe. After driving my GCoupe, it became evident that the Sonata was somewhat lacking in the areas of acceleration and braking abilities. I'm planning on taking care of that, though I know it will never be the same, but nothing wrong with trying to get it as close as possible! So far I've done some "cosmetics"; new grill, chrome rims and body accents and then gotten wider, lower profile tires, lowering springs and plan on "upgrading" the intake, braking and suspension systems.
Overall review: Overall I am still a happy satisfied owner! My first Sonata was purchased back in 1989 when they first came out and some 20 years later to the month, I purchased my beloved used (had 11K miles on it) Limited V6 3.3L Sonata; what a difference 20 years makes, and kudos to Hyundai for how they have progressed over the years. I am constanly confronted by owners of the "higher priced, name rated" badges comparing my vehicle to theirs and being surprised how in most cases I've got the same things (and in some cases more) that they do but at a $10K - $20K savings!
I got more than my money's worth by Dave from Timpson on 08/28/2011. Trim: 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought my '09 Sonata fourteen months ago (June '10) with 38,000+ miles on the odo. Since then I have put another 41,000+ trouble-free miles on it. I have taken it to the dealer at regular service intervals, but have had no problems with anything on the car, inside or out. It has a 2.4 liter four cylinder engine with 178 horses; has plenty of punch, and gets over 27mpg in routine driving, and over 31 on the highway. This particular engine has a timing chain, instead of a belt that has to be replaced every ninety-or-so thousand miles; my reason for buying a Hyundai instead of H**** or T*****. Since my main concerns were economy and reliability, I am very satisfied.
Cons: The suspension on the GLS is a little on the stiff side, but is ok on smooth pavement.
Overall review: I am very pleased with my Sonata, and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a family sedan. It looks good, drives good, and handles good, and is roomy and comfortable inside.