2009 Nissan Murano

My second Nissan - first, and last. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/21/2010. Trim: 2009 Nissan Murano SL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Murano is a pleasure to drive. The fuel economy is decent, seats are extremely comfortable. The cockpit is almost like a glove!
Cons: The reliability has been sub-par. Dealer had to remove the engine to replace a warped head, which caused an antifreeze leak. Then, the transmission malfunctioned, and had to be replaced twice. Next, a sensor of some type went out, and lighted the "check engine" light. Then, the antifreeze smell came back, and the dealer determined a faulty radiator cap. The antifreeze smell persists, however. Just after the warranty expired (37,000 miles) the alternator went out, and it's a 3 hour/$800 repair at the dealer. This car is my second Nissan - first, and last.
Overall review: The styling and ergonomics are wonderful, but the reliability of my car has been very poor. I would not purchase another based on my experience alone.
Love it by Jay on 07/21/2009. Trim: 2009 Nissan Murano S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, high profile, smooth ride. Good power
Cons: Poor side visibility
Overall review: Have had for 14 months with 14k miles. Very happy so far.
Not a good buy by Very Unhappy Owner Dallas TX on 04/27/2013. Trim: 2009 Nissan Murano, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Seats are comfortable, dual climate control is ok but far from perfect. That is the only good thing about the vehicle
Cons: Have had intermittent electrical problems since I purchased the car new. Computer, start/stop button and lighted mirrors have been replaced as they had a short. Car is unreliable as it will not start at times and then there are other times were you can not turn it off. Nissan repairs these problems under warranty, but considering all the elctrical problems they will not fully investigate to determine the cause of the problems. This is the first, last and only Nissan I will own as they are not worth the money and I have spent untold amount of hours going to the dealership for repairs. Voice activated controls are terrible. Definitely has large blind spot.
Overall review: This is the first SUV I have owned and due to the unreliability of the vehicle and the lack of customer service by Nissan and their engineers I would NEVER purchase another Nissan again. Tires needed replacing in less than 30,000 miles, gas mileage is poor. I feel that the vehicle is not worth the money as there are better vehicles out there.
A great suv by Nellie/Blue Ridge Mts. on 02/17/2013. Trim: 2009 Nissan Murano SL, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned the 2009 SL Nissan Murano since August of 2008. I don't plan on trading it for along time. I have had to replaced the tires at about 37,000 miles and also replaced the battery at less than 40000 miles. I still love my murano and the ride. My gas mileage is around 21 mpg. Lots or room and cargo space. It does have blindspot issues, you have to pay attn to who is around you at all times. Plan on keeping for along time, see no reason to trade. I have a little over 40,000 miles on mine.
Cons: I wish gas mileage was better and they do need to fix the blindspot issue. Also wish they would put longer lasting tires. I think my battery should have lasted longer.
Overall review: I love my Murano and would recommend to everyone. Great ride, lots of comfort, love the bluetooth and the bose stereo is great ! Didn't get awd and mine has went pretty decent in the snow. I would buy a Murano again.
Best SUV Going by RCA in Lutz on 12/16/2012. Trim: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Ride and comfort are top notch. Appearance, audio system, handling, and climate system are all superb.
Cons: Need for premium fuel. (It does get better mileage & performance with premium). When body flexes over rough roads the Moon Roof bangs.
Overall review: This is my second Murano. This is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned. I've had it for 4 1/2 years with 54,000 miles. Replaced the oem tires at 40k. It is a very comfortable traveling vehicle and great around town. Steering is precise and easy to park. Acceleration, while not tire smoking, is more than adequate as you can merge with traffic or pass with ease. Very quite interior. Bose sound system sounds great. All dash controls are easy to reach and intuitive. Only repair was steering wheel tilt motor replaced under warranty. Anxious to see what Nissan has planned for 2014. If it does not "WOW" me, I will hang on to my 2009 for a few more years.