2008 BMW 7-Series

The Ultimate Driving Machine... and then some. by Lexusrx330 on 08/04/2012. Trim: 2008 BMW 750i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Traded our Jaguar for the 750i and it is amazing the difference. SMOOTH, great brakes, great pick up, heated seats, massager in the driver seat. Front and rear parking sensors. Overall an amazing car! Beware you will look down on the freeway and not realize you have gotten up to 85mph.
Cons: Have had the car a month and still learning. I dont like that there are essentially two phone books. The full one that downloads to the idrive and the voice command phonebook that you have to go through every one of your contacts saying the name twice and save one by one to voice command storage. It could be because it is new but parking is scary. We have always had high end lux cars but with this one very afraid of the day when the first door ding comes. You dont really feel the air conditioned seats... $75.00 every time at the pump but if you are buying this car that shouldn't be a problem.
Overall review: After owning Cadillac's, Lexus's, Jaguar's, infinities, and Range Rover's, this car is the favorite. Drives better than the Jaguar XJ we had and even though it is not as smooth as the Lexus LS460 its almost a good thing. The Lexus was too numb where as with the 7 you get a great level of feedback on every move. Great technology, too many features to list, passing power is insane. I truly could go on and on everything is amazing.
Ultimate Driving Machine? Maybe the 5 is but the 7? You make the call by Fedsales on 06/27/2010. Trim: 2008 BMW 750Li, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Awesome performance from a vehicle so heavy,surprisingly decent fuel economy at 85-90MPH,great highway cruiser
Cons: pathetic sound system in a car this expensive; numerous electrical glitches, very disappointing paint and interior quality after only 30 months, can be a load driving around town
Overall review: Always wanted a 7 series; don't anymore..can't wait until lease is up..too many other good cars to choose
most amazing car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/10/2008. Trim: 2008 BMW Alpina B7, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: speed...turning...luxury....
Cons: cupholders
Overall review: amaszing,possibly my favorite affordable car
An Awesome Ride by OnlyBMW4me, Maryland on 05/13/2014. Trim: 2008 BMW 750Li, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Had my doubts about BMW but found a great deal that I just couldn't pass up. Don't regret the decision at all. Have had it for almost a year and wish I had looked into these earlier. Was attached to Infiniti. Smooth handling, superb power which makes passing a breeze. Even though I don't ride in the back, I always look at legroom when considering a vehicle. If it wasn't for the joy of driving, I could have no problems making the rear seat my favorite place for trips.
Cons: Not really a dislike but it would have been nice if it had come with "How To" sessions for owners because of all of the technology. Still learning something new everyday about operating the vehicle.
Overall review: Awesome vehicle and would recommend this to anyone thinking of a vehicle within the price range.
...I'm back by Philly from Maryland on 03/24/2013. Trim: 2008 BMW 750Li, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: - every year or two I switch from german luxobarge to LS400/30/60 .. my migrations to the big Lexus being due to it's well thought out amenities and bullet proof mechanicals the interesting part of this being the gap in dependability between cars from Germany and Japan starting to shrink!! - and low and behold stuff started breaking- some glitchy electronics-TPM problems - trim falling off-blower motor gone bad -so I just went back to an 08 BMW 750li ... do I expect less problems-probably not ..is it firm yet comfortable and beautiful ... absolutely ... and 08 is a great buy year now w 09 redesign driving 08 and before values down ... I'm so happy to be back in a big German daily driver
Cons: When you sit in a 09 up 750 with the redesign youre gonna want it ... it makes the interior of the 02-08 look and feel dated because well , it is ... in today's tech world 7 years is a long time to stand still ... but at the end of the day an 08 with 60k miles is priced in high $20s range and same miles 09 is in the $40s ... and besides, I know how stuff works on 08 and before from previous ownership experience :)
Overall review: I specifically wanted a white li sport model - Love the white on a big car and 20 inch wheels on sport model look great IMHO ... I love the driving experience ... the way the seats feel .. the connectivity to the road ... the big trunk and back seat ... great rolling office ... I'm gonna have to get used to inserting a key FOB into the dash again ... it's nice to just have it in your pocket when starting the car and BMW didnt start this feature until 09... I dont have soft close doors on my current 7 which I may like more in ways ... the navigation on all cars has become a non issue as iphones and ipads just do it better ...