2008 BMW X5

2 3 4 5 6  Next
The Ultimate Junk Machine by Joji C on 09/25/2013. Trim: 2008 BMW X5 3.0si Sports Activity Vehicle, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Designed is great, comfortable ride.
Cons: I have a used 2008 X5 and it has over 65000 miles only, when the engine had an indication of overheating. I slowed it down and shut the engine off to minimized further damaging the engine. I was able to drive it home really slow at about 20 to 30 miles an hour with the blinkers on and of course the coo;ing fans running at high speed to cool the engine down. Further troubleshooting reveals, a thermostat and water pump issue. BMW dealer will repair them for $2200, but of course with this low mileage X5 I don't expect this to go down so soon.
Overall review: BMW quality on this to me is mediocre, so buyer beware. Hope that BMW will recall all X5 from 2007 and up with an electric water pump and replace all of them free of charges. I am one disappointed consumer.
Nice SUV but misses the mark for the money. by Run_Forest_Run Exit 2 NJ on 01/24/2009. Trim: 2008 BMW X5 4.8i Sports Activity Vehicle, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handles great, excellent acceleration with the 4.8. Comfortable interior.
Cons: Lousy gas mileage around 13 City 18 Hwy. Backup camera useless at night. On board computer can be brutally slow to boot up so you can use the back up camera. Sometimes boots up almost immediately other times 2 -3 minutes. Run flat tires.
Overall review: Its a BMW and rides like one, handles like one, and is built like one. I got rid of a Range Rover (super charged) on a trade for a new X5. Suspension can be bouncy front to back. I have had the car almost a year now and have 13,000 miles on it. Got a nail in one of the tires in the first 500 miles and tried to get it plugged, then patched and wouldn't hold the leak. Guess what BMW will not do that? You have to replace the tire at $280 a clip. I'll take non-run flat tires any day. Bottom line its a very nice, small SUV. The computer and backup camera performance for $65K is brutal. I miss my Range Rover (the full size one not the sport).
Super!!! Nice!!! by Father Time on 03/26/2014. Trim: 2008 BMW X5 3.0si Sports Activity Vehicle, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love the handling. The car hugs the road and it has great breaks.
Cons: I do not like the 0-60 time. However, once it gets going it goes!!!
Overall review: This is one of the best vehicles that I have owned. I've owned a Yugo, Toyota, Pontiac, Ford, Chevorlet, Porsche, Saab, Mazda, Acura, Buick, and the BMW rocks.
X5 Owner by Car Cszar on 03/02/2010. Trim: 2008 BMW X5 4.8i Sports Activity Vehicle, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Best looking SUV on the market. Great vehicle in snow , rain or dry conditions. The heated seats and steering wheel are great for winter driving.
Cons: The rear windows could just be tinted darker and do away with the goofy retractable sun visor. The tire wear isnt the best with the 20" rims. But the look of the rims is worth the price of poor tire wear.
Overall review: This is my 2nd BMW, I had a 530i before this and I have been very pleased with both vehicles. Our other car is the Mercedes GL 450 and this is so much more the car.
The best SUV on the market by Fast lane driver from NY on 08/20/2009. Trim: 2008 BMW X5 4.8i Sports Activity Vehicle, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling is unbelievable for a SUV! It has never let me down it. Summer or winter, it's a real pleasure driving this SUV/SAV at speed.
Cons: There are some minor rattles. I can live with them though.
Overall review: I've had this X5 4.8i for almost 2 years now. I had two 3-series BMW's before this. It does not like it will last as long as those but I fully expect to get a really enjoyable 200K miles from this one. It's amazing to me how few problems I have I have had with this vehicle :) Only two really minor issues that were fixed in 30 minutes. I find that amazing.
Review ID: #542049 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6  Next