2008 MINI Cooper

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Great car for towing my 17 foot Pontoon by GT6Jerry on 09/28/2011. Trim: 2008 MINI Cooper Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Plenty of power, great looks, good towing capabilities, great fuel milegae, and perfect for two people. Since our son is now on his own, the MINI is perfect for just my wife and I. We use it for almost everything from everyday work transit to vacationing and trips. It has plenty of room for groceries with the seats folded down. The seats are firm and hold you in place while cornering. I've had some so-called "sporty" cars in the past and none can compair the the MINI. I hope they don't change anything cause they've got it right!!
Cons: Back seat is a bit cramped but hey, if you want more room you can always opt for the Clubman...
Overall review: I love the styling and great fuel mileage. I average 34 to 36 consistantly when I'm not towing my 17 foot pontoon. Yes, I said my 17 foot pontoon. I bought my car brand new and started looking for a hitch for it. Finally, a company call Curt Hitches agreed to design, and install a hitch on my MINI for free. Of course they kept the template for future MINI owners who want hitches. I have a 17 foot Low Pro Angler 2 Pontoon that you can't even tell is behind my MINI when it's in tow. The MINI has power to spare and it just goes to show you don't need a gas sucking truck or SUV to go fishing. Oh yeah, it does drop my mileage down to around 28 MPG when I'm towing it. Thats better than most trucks get empty, and I turn more heads too!!!
Laser Blue by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/07/2009. Trim: 2008 MINI Cooper S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling, acceleration, fun to drive, looks great!
Cons: rides hard, especially with run flat tires that are required due to exhaust configuration
Overall review: Recently completed a 950 mile trip, air on all the way, handled 45 mpr curves at 70; no problem!! Averaged 34.4 mpg!!
Not a Toy by S.B. Rogers, AR on 05/12/2009. Trim: 2008 MINI Cooper S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything. People say but it is a toy. I say do you get from o to 60 in about 6 sec or 35+ mpg of gas and have a fully loaded as far as leather,etc? This is a serious little car even if it looks like a toy to some.
Cons: Nothing, love this car! Love the looks, the mileage, the stereo, the room, the zip, perfect small car!
Overall review: 10+
BEST CAR EVER MADE by JAYZEE on 03/02/2008. Trim: 2008 MINI Cooper Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything. This car is the BEST. Very good power for such a small engine, comfortable seats, even on long trips. The backseat is slightly cramped but what do you expect, it's a MINI. Lots of storage areas. Solid doors and rear hatch. The ride was a huge surprise, I expected it to be a firm ride, but it was smooth, with a sporty feel. Also it's very quiet for a small car.
Cons: NOTHING
Overall review: BUY THIS CAR
Makes everyday driving fun. by Dutch in Florida on 02/19/2014. Trim: 2008 MINI Cooper S, Owned 6 years.
Pros: My MINI Cooper S has super handling in town and country, great mpg (33-37 average), and good reliability: To date, with 35,000 miles on the odometer, I have replaced only the oil, filters, tires, front brakes, wipers, and the battery.
Cons: The MINI Cooper S is not ideally suited as an interstate, high speed, long distance driver. From a safety perspective, the car is dwarfed by tractor-trailers, SUVs and pickup trucks. Also, its short wheel base makes for a bumpy ride over expansion joints. The car's true medium is secondary roads: curvy and hilly roads are best.
Overall review: I have owned my MINI Cooper S for 6 years since new. It remains as fun to drive today as the day that I drove it away from the dealership.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next