2008 Kia Sportage

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Good gas mileage with 4 wheel drive. by Roger from Colorado on 02/10/2011. Trim: 2008 Kia Sportage LX I4 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I wanted good gas mileage and 4 wheel drive, a hard combination to find. My Sportage has been very reliable. In 2 plus years and 32 thousand miles I have replaced 1 brake light bulb. At first I thought the 4 cylinder was pretty wimpy but with the 5 speed manual transmission I have discovered that judicious shifting takes care of just about all of my needs. For instance, by downshifting the sportage will do 60+ miles per hour on the steep parts of westbound I70 here in Colorado.
Cons: Lack of power from the stoplight.
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicle. Very reliable, decent gas mileage and with 4 wheel drive good to get to the ski slopes. Also with the rear seats folded down a decent amount of storage and hauling capacity.
Let me count the ways that I love you! by Tango from the Central Coast, CA on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2008 Kia Sportage LX V6 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Getting 25 mpg overall. Great looks. Comes with tinted windows, has flat fold-down seats. More confortable & better handling than I thought. Incredible price for what you receive. Best warranty on the market. Better back-up (rear-view) visibility than CRV or RAV-4. Finding that the base LX has more pluses than I originally thought. I couldn't be happier!
Cons: That this model didn't have remote lock/unlock. But it is an accessory if I want to get and its not an over-priced accesory (oops, sorry a "pro")
Overall review: I did alot of research & test-drove a number of vehicles. This Kia suprised me. I didn't expect to like it so much as I remember when the quality wasn't even close to what it is today. I'd recommend this vehicle to everyone who needs the space (dog, etc). It can haul anything! And if appearance matters, its the best looking small SUV on the road!
The Ultimate Vehicle ( Love It ) by Chuck Fisher on 02/16/2014. Trim: 2008 Kia Sportage LX I4 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I really love my Kia, It's good on gas,Handles great, Trans shifts when needed, It's a little small inside, But it's a small price to pay for a great vehicle. I would recommend buying this vehicle. It's my first Kia and If I buy another SUV, It will be a Kia.
Cons: It's a little small inside.
Overall review: Ultimate Great Vehicle
good gas milage by big john on 08/12/2012. Trim: 2008 Kia Sportage LX I4 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: gas millage
Cons: head rest
Overall review: needs more power ridees like a car good car for wife
An excellent trade-off by Ubota from Saguenay Canada on 12/28/2010. Trim: 2008 Kia Sportage LX I4 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This vehicule is an excellent trade-off between quality of material, price, road performance. It is a roomy vehicle, very good handling, very reliable and requires only the minimum recommended maintenance. The quality of paint is excellent as it keeps its shyny original apperance despite very tough conditionsd such as a combination of very high humidity and cold to exposition to dust and summer heat.
Cons: The front seat back and forth adjustment is too narrow to provide the comfort i need in all circumstances. The sun visor extension flap may hit the convenience top light and turn it on unintentionnally without the driver knowing it, and it may cause the battery to drain out after the vehicle is parked, in winter time specially. The front mud guard is likely to break in winter under severe cold and icy conditions as ice and heavy snow accumulates so much in the mudguard that it breaks the mudguard. I changes 2 sets in 2 years and decided to use a second source one.
Overall review: This vehicle is highly recommended as a general purpose vehicle at good price and excellent performance from the view points of reliability, comfort, mainteance cost, dealer support and attrention, road handling. It is an excellent vehicle for the family aa well.
2 3 4 5 6  Next