2008 BMW Z4

Z4 Ultimate Driving Machine - And They Mean It by Suman from Pittsburgh on 03/08/2012. Trim: 2008 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0si, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration is just phenomenal. It's exciting and handles extremely well. There really aren't a lot of electronics--it's you, the car, and the road.
Cons: The visibility with the top up is not very good, but that's expected. The mirrors compensate VERY well for this. The interior trim work could be a little nicer. The dashboard is a very firm textured vinyl just looks a little tacky and feels poor quality.
Overall review: I hate getting out of the car. I just want to find a reason to drive.
Ultimate failure by Ricardo Alejandre on 03/30/2014. Trim: 2008 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0si, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The clutch broke down 4 times. I tried to lemon law the car but attorneys would not help I should have gone straight to court to get my money back. I should still go. BMW employees in Pleasanton California treated me like garbage called me a hick. Is this what i spent 55 k plus for. Dont buy from pleasaton dont buy clutch vehicles from BMW they dont back their product and blame you for their defects
Cons: cup holders and cluthc designed my some igorant person.
Overall review: I liked how the car looked and its lighting
The Ultimate Driving BMW! by greenspire on 12/27/2013. Trim: 2008 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I absolutely love this car! I have owned it for two years and hate to put it away for the Winter months. Acceleration is fantastic, and it looks great! A real attention getter everywhere I go. I'm in Western NY and haven't seen another one in two years.
Cons: I'm not in love with the run flat tires. They are a bit harsh and tend to wander. I'd switch to something else next time but worry about not having a spare. I carry a tire repair kit and a compressor just in case. I haven't had any major problems but I know if I do that parts can be expensive once the warranty is gone.
Overall review: Love this car, the look, the sound, (aftermarket exhaust- Remus) and just getting out and driving it. I can't find enough reasons to drive. I'm not a convertible guy so this is perfect for me. Great power, smooth 6 spd manual transmission, nice stereo although I enjoy the sound of the exhaust more! The car envelopes you.......a very sports car entry is necessary but once you are in you become part of it. If you can find one, you won't be disappointed. Only 17,000 were made, about 5,000 were Z4M's.
Perfection for the true sports car enthusiast by Charlie S on 07/25/2009. Trim: 2008 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Turns heads everywhere. The coupe model is extremely rare with a styling that not only sets it apart, but masterfully corrects the drawbacks of the convertible's styling. Acceleration is notably smooth. Transmission is spot-on with crisp throws in/out of the gates and a clutch that truely connects the driver to the engine. 50/50 weight distribution enables indescribeable handling on winding backroads. The grunt of the exhuast note is breathtaking.
Cons: Difficult to get around unnoticed. Cupholders allow drinks to teeter totter. The navigation controls may be overly simplified for tech savy buyers. Headlight washers tend to soak the whole front/hood of the car
Overall review: The Z4 coupe offers a somewhat exotic experience. One could easily argue they see more ferraris/lambos on the road. It is a true joy to drive. The cockpit engages the driver. BMW is all about the driving experience and it simply is an experience to drive one of these cars. The accelleration can pin the two passengers to the seats yet the car never seems to lose a sense of safety regardless how hard it is driven. The 255 hp from the inline-6 produces pure and smooth power delivered to a car in perfect weight balance. That cannot be said of the nissan 370z which advertises loads of power, but you get the sense the japanese engine is maxed out as it vibrates violently at higher rpms. The Z4 coupe safely handles corners at speeds people would think you were exaggerating if they werent in the car when you told them. The THX certified audio system comes standard and is a dream to listen to. It easily trumps the bose system of my previous Audi tt in both clarity and breadth of notes.
the perfect compromise by David on 05/06/2009. Trim: 2008 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The manual tranmission coupe is very smooth
Cons: The run flat tires with the sports suspension make for a very firm ride
Overall review: I reviewed all the cars including the RX8 and the Boxster, and I felt this was the best daily driver. I do feel that all season tires, which I will need in the North East winter, will soften the ride without compromising the handling, but only time will tell.