2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 3 4 5 6  Next
My Green Beauty by JarHd04 on 01/27/2013. Trim: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything. It is smooth in acceleration, beautiful lines and comfortable. Safety features/rating are impressive.
Cons: Not enough storage spaces in the front cabin space of the vehicle.
Overall review: I am exceedingly happy with my 2008 GC limited 4.7L V8. Gas MPG not as bad as I thought it would be, (18/24) considering it has 16 spark plugs which I understand helps somewhat in the gas consumption.
A Jeep Lover's Jeep by zig from iowa on 08/07/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: As one reviewer suggested, I too wonder if Consumer Reports drove this vehicle. I purchased this Black 2008 Limited w/ the 4.7L V8 in July, 2008, and it is my third Jeep. I loved the other two (1998 Ltd & 2004 Overland, respectively), but this is my favorite vehicle, all time. First, I've grown to really like the redisigned look and stance of the newer Jeeps, and I'm still struck by how amazing it looks in Black and Chome. It's also the quietest Jeep, and smoothest riding SUV I've ever driven. The 4.7L V8 is a good balance of power and mpg in the class. I toyed with the HEMI, but settled for the 4.7L, and am very pleased with its performance. MyGig is the best NAV/Radio I've seen.
Cons: Fuel efficiency is the only negative about this vehicle. I'm getting approx 14mpg city / 19mpg highway. I know this is about par for the class, but certainly it can get better. I've used the E85 alternative fuel a number of times, and it is a seemless transition to / from unleaded. Personally, I'd like to see it cycle down to 4 cylinders for highway cruising, and try to get the mpg up into the mid-20's. Ideally, by 2011, when I'm looking for my next Jeep, there will be a quality 2-mode Hybrid Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Overall review: Wow, what a great Jeep! The Limited (and up) models have always been a melding of luxury and Jeep's lineage of performance, up to and including poor, or offroad conditions. I've put this model to the test in Iowa blizzard conditions, and it shines. Probably the best vehicle on snow and ice that I've ever driven (and I'm a lifelong mid-westerner). Extermemly forgiving, and Quadra-drive II is nothing short of amazing to experience. This is as comfortable a ride as I've ever had in an SUV. 4.7L V8 performs very well, with power always at the ready. MyGig is a revolutionary NAV / HDD system & far superior to most, w/ 16GB of music storage, the ability to read usb flash drives & COPY cd's to disk! I whole-heartedly reccomend this Jeep! Just an amazing vehicle. Get the aftermarket cargo liner, and whatever various roof rack accessories meet you personal requirements, and you are ready for any trip, and any challenge... and you'll be getting there in style.
Great AWD SUV!!! by Sheree - Oregon on 01/13/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We drove a lot of other mid-sized SUV's and found that this one was the most solid out of any of them. The AWD is awesome on icy and snow packed roads. One of the best vehicles we have owned.
Cons: Gas mileage isn't as good as we wanted it to be.
Overall review: This is an excellent vehicle and will be buying Jeep Grand Cherokee's from now on!
Really Nice Grand Cherokee by luvmyjeep on 07/09/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the styling. The seating is very comfortable. Roomy inside. Fit and finish is excellent. Extremely fun to drive.
Cons: Gas milage(about the same as most other SUVs). Acceleration has a littlle lag between first and second gear.
Overall review: This is the first Jeep that I have owned.I looked at the GMC Acadia, Toyota 4Runner, Mazda CX9, and Ford Explorer. I felt that the Grand Cherokee was at least as good or, in most cases, better than the others. I got a much better deal with the Jeep than I could have gotten with any of the others. Gas milage improvements would make this Jeep about as perfect as it could get.
Favorite SUV by Leanna on 03/10/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love everything about the exterior and interior
Cons: Doesnt have radio access on the steering wheel, not enough storage compartments, wish it had power seats on the passenger side but other than that I love it!!
Overall review: Definitely keeping my Jeep for awhile!
2 3 4 5 6  Next