1998 GMC Envoy

1998 GMC Envoy Prices
1998 GMC Envoy Fuel Economy
It takes care of you if you take care of It by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/01/2007. Trim: 1998 GMC Envoy Envoy 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like the reliability of the 4.3L . It is basically your 4 Bolt Chevy 350 minus 2 cylinders. Therefore, you will have alot of torque and reliability provided you keep maintenance and don't do extreme modifications. I put a stock K&N airfilter and it increased power and gas mileage by a few. I like that it is a combination of Truck and Luxury; I can go to home depot in the morning and leave the bricks in the back, but the passengers and driver are still treated to supple leather and real wood trim. The HID's give you a great view of the road and it still distinguishes you from many of the other SUV's since 1998. Bose System and Heated Seats add a nice touch.
Cons: I agree with a post about the cupholder. It is near the gear shifter so it is a bit cumbersome. I was once regulated to the backseat, I didn't realize how much you kiss your knees (I hate to say it, but Mini-vans will give you the best comfort for a large group of passengers.) There is a bit of rattle with the plastic trim. But it may have to do with putting the Sport and the Utility in SUV; lots of miles and those miles saw offroad and long distances. Gas mileage is typical of SUV's.
Overall review: I have owned this car since the beginning. It has treated me well driving the length of California about a dozen times. Even at 175,000 miles it still is reliable and strong. It is not an unsightly big SUV, but rather a great combination of Sports Utility, Truck, and Luxury. I did not have the electrical problems that others spoke about; perhaps I was well cared for by the dealership mechanics and I maintained my fluids, tires, paint, air diligently. Like most 4WD cars; I had to replace the Tranny and Differential at 160,000. But keep in mind I did long distance, off roading, and hauling of cars and trailers. I should see 225,000 no problem. My best advice for someone looking to buy one of these used is make sure they have kept regular maintenance of the Envoy and find a good mechanic (I chose to stay with the dealership and I give credit to them for keeping it going strong and like new after all those miles).
Gorgeous! by Virginia on 01/17/2001. Trim: 1998 GMC Envoy Envoy 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the style of and inside of vehicle as well as the stereo system
Cons: When accelerating, it does not pick to fast.
Overall review: I love this truck, happy with my Envoy. I just wish it would pick up a little faster when accelerated on.
The greatest SUV, so far by e-chuy59 from cudahy on 09/04/2005. Trim: 1998 GMC Envoy Envoy 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: It makes you feel like a million bucks person, muy buen vehicle, We Latinos likes this SUV, rides very smooth
Cons: My rear glass wiper is not working properly, but that's about it, fixing is costly on this models
Overall review: Very happy driving this SUV, price wise you get the value for your money
Kids to Dogs by Trooper in Pa on 02/06/2005. Trim: 1998 GMC Envoy Envoy 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comfort, reliability, quiet, can go from hunting afield to the theater in one day. Quick clean up on the exterior. Interior boasts clean lines and luxury. Bought used and in excellent condition. Has posi-rear added.....all options that could be had at time of original purchase. No surprises other than regular wear and tear items for the age and milage. New brake pads (ceramic) and a front sealed wheel bearing is all that I have experienced in two years. Bose sound system (factory) is concert-like....has 6 disc CD changer with all the trimmings.
Cons: Needs power lock from backhatch for entire vehicle. Needs a better location for cup holders in front. Would be nice to have other option of outside lighting coming on when starting vehicle rather than using e-brake.
Overall review: Dependable. If your looking for an off-road mud slinging vehicle...choose another. If you are looking for a vehicle that can take you through snow and other incountered weather, with the desire to get home from where ever and feel secure while driving...then this is your SUV
the ultimate truck yes by 4CAT from Temecula, CA on 09/06/2004. Trim: 1998 GMC Envoy Envoy 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: style, size, storage 2 doors in the rear, this is best, fully loaded, visibality out of all windows, room in back seat,
Cons: under the hood, i bought it new ever since machanical problems, starter, battery x3, the brain, ignation switch, side mirror, most under warranty, now, radator, coolent, thermostate, to many problems under the hood.
Overall review: overall i love my truck, it;s just big enough for me and all the stuff in need to carry, handles well drives great, needs more power and get up and go. the sound system is great!!