1998 GMC Jimmy

1998 GMC Jimmy Prices
1998 GMC Jimmy Fuel Economy
Faithful Jimmy by Franny from New Mexico on 06/14/2009. Trim: 1998 GMC Jimmy SL 4-Door 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: My Jimmy has been really reliable. It's been great for traveling long journeys in comfort. And although the size is compact it has plenty of room to transport people, furniture, boxes of tile, plants, pets or whatever else. Although it's classified as a truck, it's compact size allows me to slip into "compact" parking spots easily. I've loved using the four-wheel drive with just the push of a button to help me get me through some rough , slippery terrain. The leather seats clean up great and power everything has allowed me to feel pampered, including the sun-roof which I can just completely close if the sun is just too intense or open to just feel the cool nights air..
Cons: The cost of gas has finally put me in a situation were I now need to look around for something that is just less to run. I get about 16 miles to the gallon in the city and about 22 miles HWY.
Overall review: A very dependable Jimmy. I'm sure you'll enjoy having one too.
The better truck by Maranatha7 on 06/07/2009. Trim: 1998 GMC Jimmy SL 4-Door 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the stability, power and comfort
Overall review: The security
good vehicle by jimmyboy on 11/11/2008. Trim: 1998 GMC Jimmy SL 2-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: its a good vehicle. runs good and isi very relieable. i have the sls version which is rare. it gets me where i need to go and of course the four wheel drive is truly amazing on it. many people have been amazed at what that thing can go through with just street tires
Cons: well. it doesnt get as good of milage as would be desired but what do you expect from an suv
Overall review: very good vehicle. reliable. i love the thing
"Warning! Warning! - Money Pit" by Heazu ID on 06/21/2007. Trim: 1998 GMC Jimmy SL 4-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the fact that it has 4 wheel drive, in the snow it helps alot! I also like the look of this truck..the decals on the side of it make it very unique.
Cons: Where to begin we bought it in 2005 with 96k miles (approx) on it. Not horrible right! Well we've put on about 10-12k miles and in that time we've had to replace the ignition switch, gear shifter, fuel pump (twice), wiper modulator board, catalytic converter, and other normal wear and tear items. All within the first year and a half of purchase. $2000 + later I despise this vehicle. I have 3 kids, 1 in a booster seat, one in a car seat and one who doesn't need either and it is beyond cramped in the back seat. Even the front seat it is cramped especially for my husband who is 6'4"
Overall review: I would never recommend this vehicle to anyone I know. At least not this year of it. Maybe down the line they fixed the things that were continual problems, but do not purchase this year of this vehicle. Great for small family or single person. Does well on long drives, but my truck has been very unrealiable.
Great SUV by Roger on 04/24/2005. Trim: 1998 GMC Jimmy SL 4-Door 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Has plenty of towing power......Tough.....yet still gets decent milage for a SUV......Excellent warranty service.
Cons: Had ignition problems while under waranty.....Taken care of professionally.....Had a great dealer.
Overall review: Would buy again in a minute if they still made it.....Have over 66,000 on it since I bought it in 1998....