2008 Kia Rio

Excellent machine by Alberticojazz on 11/17/2009. Trim: 2008 Kia Rio LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Low fuel consumption, good performance.
Cons: No crusie control,
Overall review: I strongly recommend this car.
Enthusiast
the awesomeness car ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/01/2014. Trim: 2008 Kia Rio.
Pros: Smooth ride, great on bumps, has mp3 hookup, great space in the trunk, has a spare tire, engine is very quiet, I never want to get out of it, the speakers are awesome, great economic gas mileage, this is my first car and I'm in love with it
Cons: No cruise control
Overall review: I so love this car
Good For The Money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/12/2009. Trim: 2008 Kia Rio LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Easy to drive in city
Cons: The clock too small and can not be seen when sun shines
Overall review: The car's looks is very good for such a small car. The MFG checks with us to make sure we are receving good service.
Best Kept Little Secret: Rio is not that Bad by KiaPhan on 08/04/2009. Trim: 2008 Kia Rio LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought a 2008 Rio after my paid off clunker Ford Escort died and I needed a vehicle QUICK. It's not the car I wanted, so I got a base model LX with airconditioning just to have a reliable, newer family vehicle. Here's what I like: Mp3 jack, good gas mileage, comfortable enough in back seat to hold adults, nice color choices. Is good on long road trips. Also takes a front end collision (ie red light runner) relatively well without having to be scrapped. Trunk is spacious, lights auto turn off even on base model. Easy to park.
Cons: Trunk floor is flimsy particle board, rubber stops and plastic pieces are not as secure as they should be and are prone to falling off, Gas Light comes on kinda early, it's not very powerful--but it doesn't need to be. These are all things that, if you are buying to get too/from work or school, are totally liveable.
Overall review: Kia will continue to improve, and become a staple vehicle for people who have a budget but don't want to sacrifice certain luxuries, like decent sound system options, air, comfort of interior. The Rio is a good balance of these things and affordability. Great cars under 25k? Try this one for under 15k (air is optional, so base models are even less). So far, service has been pretty good, and part of the 100k warranty is that you come in for your maintainence as directed, or it's voided, so keep all receipts for oil changes. I got the tropical red model, which is red metallic with orange undertones, and when it's clean and shiny, it looks great. So I am very pleased with it, feel safe in it, and the payment doesn't hurt like it could in other comprable, more expensive cars.
Great ride, great mileage, great price, great quality. GREAT CAR!!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/18/2009. Trim: 2008 Kia Rio Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought my 2008 Kia Rio Base brand new for $8,000.00. That, overall, is what I like most about the vehicle. It looks nice, rides solidly, has absolutely excellent gas mileage, and is quite open and airy on the inside. My friends often comment about how much "larger" it is than they are led to believe based on initial appearances.
Cons: I would suggest that potential buyerss keep in mind that when buying the Rio, it is wise to avoid comparisons with other vehicles such as Civics, or Corollas. Simply put, this is a cheaper, smaller car. Take glance at the Civic and you'll see what I mean--it's larger and longer. The point is that direct comparisons are unfair. The Rio is a small car, and rides/handles like one. It is a little touchy, and a little skiddish. In comparison to a Civic, it rides harsher and bounces about more. Just make sure that a true "econo-box" is what you want--if you actually desire a more upscale car with econo qualities, go for the Civic or Corolla. But, I love my Rio, no doubt.
Overall review: Excellent car. Fit and finish is high quality. How can one go wrong with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty? I'm a graduate student, and rather unconcerned with what I drive. I like cars with good gas mileage, and open/airy cockpits. The Rio satisfies those requirements, plus some. Not having to worry, whatsoever, about repairs above and beyond general maintanence is a blessing. While I was not big on a warranty initially, it's odd how much more relaxed I am with the car knowing that whatever happens, it'll get fixed. If you want to get around town, feel good about the gas mileage you receive, and have a car with tight fit and finish, buy a Rio. If you can drive a stick, I highly recommend that model--plus, people can't drive sticks on average, so base manual versions often just sit about the lot, and dealers are more than willing to sell cheap.