1998 GMC Suburban

1998 GMC Suburban Prices
1998 GMC Suburban Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Good SUV by Mark Moorhead MN on 01/16/2008. Trim: 1998 GMC Suburban 1500 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Size, Comfort, Power.
Cons: gas mileage
Overall review: Good vehicle. Gas was 1.50 per gallon when I bought it. Not bad. Now its 3 bucks, ouch.
Outstanding Family Vehicle by Roanoke, VA on 12/15/2007. Trim: 1998 GMC Suburban 1500 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: As a family of 7, this vehicle meets our needs very well. We use this regularly to haul people, bicycles, and other items. We helped a friend haul wood in it (with blankets everywhere of course) and later helped him move. This is a truly versatile vehicle! It has plenty of space for 8 people and all their luggage, has enough clearance so it doesn't scrape bottom on steep driveways, and has enough power to do it all without complaining. A deer recently hit us, causing only cosmetic damage. At the body shop, we saw a minivan that had been totaled by a deer. The strong truck chassis provides excellent safety for your family.
Cons: Not too much to dislike. The gas mileage is par for the course. It runs better with mid-grade fuel than with regular.
Overall review: This is best vehicle we have ever owned and plan to keep it for many years.
Review ID: #520171 Is this review offensive?
A Beast by Greg on 08/11/2004. Trim: 1998 GMC Suburban 1500 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like having room for a large family, without the older kids getting stiff legs from being cramped as in our minivan. It has been fairly reliable, but there's always the question of a breakdown on our minds; when we're traveling out of state or on a long, rural road at night.
Cons: The truck handles like a small sailboat in the open sea. It is a heavy and large vehicle and I am a small car fan. I miss manuvering the roads with grace, I now drive with the awareness that I need to respond asap as the stopping time is longer than with a van or car.
Overall review: Having owned a 1984 Toyota landcruiser, this truck is a bit of a disappointment even with the luxury it offers that our former
I LOVE IT! by GMC from Iowa on 08/15/2006. Trim: 1998 GMC Suburban 1500 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I love everything about this truck, and if it ever drops, I'll buy another GMC Suburban! Besides regular maintenance, and replacing brake pads every 55,000 miles, I've only had to replace the alternator at 75,000 miles and the water pump at 115,000 miles. So, I've spent about $250.00 on it in 8 years. I'm impressed! It's very comfortable, very quiet, and very smooth.
Cons: I did notice it's size going into the curves, so to eliminate it's "roll", at 75,000 miles I upgraded to a full set of KYB "Monomax" shocks, which stiffened it up significantly while maintaining it's comfort. (Okay, it really wasn't even that bad, it's the only "con" I could think of)
Overall review: My wife, our five kids, and I just love it. It's very reliable, it's fun, no fighting for room even on vacations, plenty of luggage room (can you imagine how much I need!), and it's no mini-van. I highly recommend this vehicle whether you're single or have a family as big as mine.
SBRBN8R by BOOP from Washington on 06/20/2006. Trim: 1998 GMC Suburban 1500 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great ride. Lots of SPACE!
Cons: Cant think of any thing I love my truck.
Overall review: I love my truck so much we named it the BURBN8R. Just make sure when your kids take thier driving test in it you have them tell the person you take wider than normal turns.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next