2008 Jeep Wrangler

The Ultimate Fun Vehicle by T.A. from Zeeland, MI on 11/23/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Wrangler X, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Wrangler is rugged and solidly built and is unmatched off-road or in bad road conditions. No previously owned SUV handles as well in snow as the Wrangler. I've had no problems with the vehicle in the first 25K miles. It handles the road at least as well as other SUV's. On curves it seems to want to stay upright, leading to confidence in its cornering. Handling was greatly improved with the wider stance and larger tires now standard. Though, acceleration and cornering are not why you buy a Wrangler. I've found the interior driver and passenger room to be very good. Much better than my wife's Honda CRV. Last, I get 24mpg on the highway in cruise control (at the speed limit).
Cons: Could use a more powerful engine. Acceleration is a bit lacking, but that becomes a tradeoff with fuel efficiency. It would be nice if it were stretched about 6 inches for more storage, but I removed the back seat (made for removal) and now have plenty of space. By the way getting into the back seat is near impossible, but why would you want a back seat in this car. They should make it optional.
Overall review: I love my Wrangler. It is loaded and has two tops. It seems to be the only vehicle, aside from my Harley, where owners wave to each other.
Best Jeep Wrangler ever by Everett Jeep Jeep on 10/15/2009. Trim: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the all-weather capability. Have run it through deep snow, icy conditions, mud and muck and through streams. It just cannot be stopped!
Cons: Some rattling when you hit bumps throughout the cabin. Engine is pretty weak. Miles per gallon is pretty weak. This rig should have about 230 hp and another 20 ft. lbs of torque minimum for more get up and go.
Overall review: Love my Wrangler. The 4 door is a great hauler, and handles pretty well. I get a lot of compliments and questions on how I like it.
It's a JEEP by neyro on 03/18/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The looks, true 4x4 goes every where, rough, gets more atention than any other car I owned before.
Cons: Cheap interior, hard to set up hard-top to avoid leaks, gas mileage, noisy, blah, blah, blah....
Overall review: Yeah not build for speedor or comfort or economy but.... ITS A JEEP and behaves like one, best jeep in 60 years, great fun car.
Great Jeep Wrangler by Scott from New Jersey on 03/14/2008. Trim: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a JEEP! Great exterior and interior looks. Best off-road capability in the world! Freedom Top! Not a bad ride!
Cons: Many people have a problem with the Gas mileage, but what do you expect from a SUV!?! Engine is good off the line, but still lacks that punch on the highways. I would like to see Dodge's 4.0L V6 260hp that is curently in the Nitro, be an option in the Wrangler!
Overall review: I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler, ever since I was 5! I was very lucky to get it as my first car! My family has always owned Jeep's, but never a Wrangler. I have already been to some off-road courses and it was great. There is no other SUV in the world that can do better off road than the Jeep Wrangler! Being that it's a convertable just makes it that much better! I love putting the top down on nice days, and it is fairly easy to take off and put back on. The Wrangler is also pretty comfortable! The 6-speed is great off-road and on road! It helps you a little more when you're trying to pass on the highway! This is a great SUV and I'm very luck to have it as my first car! I wouldn't trade it for anything else!
Buyer Beware by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/08/2014. Trim: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I don't worry about rough roads like I would with my Buick's low clearance. I also like that I can tow the jeep behind the motorhome. Also I don't have to treat the jeep like its made of glass but I never get rough because it can brake down.
Cons: I bought the jeep used with 13,000 and all the paint on the hinges are bubbling up coming off. I have 19,000 on the jeep now and its been in the shop 3 times because the front end shimmed so bad I thought the jeep was coming unglued. It turned out a note from the factory wasn't complied with evidently a small part change and the mechanic never checked it out for changes and just kept replacing the part. Also when it gets 20 to 40 below the people in the back are also cold. I installed sheets of foam on the ceiling and thus its cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter but the heater could use improvement. It would be nice if I could wax behind the spare easier.
Overall review: I have owned 2 jeeps with a brake of ten years in-between because the first jeep constantly broke down a lot. So I thought certainly in ten years many improvements in reliability would have taken place but I find the jeep wrangler is still in the shop a lot with only blacktop time.