2008 Honda Odyssey

2008 Honda Odyssey Prices
2008 Honda Odyssey Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Its a solid van, with compromises. by Tim (S. FL) on 12/03/2011. Trim: 2008 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Roomy, comfortable, loads of options, able to move almost anything.
Cons: Unhappy how this car eats tires, one set at 18,000, and now have about 36,000 need another set. I need to have the transmission updated (again) with the software update since it sometimes has the shudder in the rear. The front wheel steering needs to be rebalanced again, realigned again. Honda service is more the problem than the van.
Overall review: Nice car, gas guzzler, comfortable, and can take a kid putting the garden rake across the side.
Great van if you don't have to deal with Honda customer service. by Lance in Houston Texas on 05/09/2010. Trim: 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great looking van and excellent features. Option to option as good or better than the competition. Great free-way gas mileage even fully loaded (got 28 mpg average from Florida to Texas with VCM engaged). Very comfortable with great seats and plenty of head room. All the buttons and functions are easily accessible. The power doors are quiet when they open compared to the competition. The implementation of the two-way climate control is elegant and simplistic unlike some of the competition. Overall, a fully featured high end vehicle for a decent price.
Cons: What I don't like is the poor quality sound system in the vehicle. The speakers are very low quality, and for the EX-L model I am not impressed. There is a definite issue with cabin noise. There was a recall for it but it didn't solve the problem. Two recalls have been issued for brakes and transmission studdering at around 40 mph. Honda wasted three days of my life telling me that it wasn't there when I drove them around, felt it myself, and they literally lied to me in my face telling me it wasn't there. Literally three days ago I got a recall notice for the tranmission issue I was telling them about. Poor gas mileage in town. Sienna with 25 more HP gets the same. No power tailgate.
Overall review: Overall I have been happy with this vehicle. We got it for a great price, and comparing it to the Toyota Sienna option for option, we just felt the Odyssey was a better vehicle. What I haven't been happy with is the poor customer service Honda has given us. The internet is flooded with Honda transmission issues ranging from 1999-present, and Honda has for some reason decided to even acknowledge most of these issues. To lie to me in my face that there wasn't a studder when my wife and I were in the vehicle feeling it with them, was some of the most dishonestness I have ever experienced.
Honda Odyssey Touring - Perfect! by Lax Mom of 3 in MD on 04/26/2010. Trim: 2008 Honda Odyssey Touring, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great, roomy car for a family. Kids love the DVD & I love the navi. All-in-all, an excellent vehicle. I would absolutely buy another one when the time comes.
Cons: Nothing, I have had no issues.
Overall review: It's a 10
I am happy with my van....but my husband is not as happy. by Mom from Perry Hall on 09/14/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ DVD and Nav, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great for the kids and road trips! No question! Everything is well planned and placed as well as comfortable. Great mileage on road trips and highway. Very smooth ride. Lots of space even if van is full to capacity. Great pickup when entering traffic, not sluggish at all!
Cons: Mileage not so great if you a using it as a carpool or local driving vehicle. I work p/t & have kids in various activities and am constantly running locally.There is a lot of road/air noise on highway. Sometimes it is difficult to clearly hear and/or talk to someone in the rear.My husband is very particular about rattles and noise and he is bothered(not mechanical).If you are keep that in mind. He thinks it will eventually be a "rattle trap".If it were his car and not mine there would probably be issues. The material used on the doors seems very brittle and sensitive to scratches and dings, particularly from seat belts retracting. The area around the seatbelt seems prematurely beat up.
Overall review: I really like the van. I would buy another when this one is done. I will be keeping it for a long time. There are definite pro's and con's and you need to weigh the things that you find important and are sensitive to against each other.
hip van for moms! by Jill on 08/04/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i love my van!!! it gets goin if needed while needing to pass or get on the freeway the kids have plenty of room and it always seems to clean up real nice i love the leather interior
Cons: my windows also allow air noise i am not sure why i bought the van brand new so i know it has never been hit or driven hard therefore i shouldnt hear wind noise while driving my only complaint
Overall review: great van! if you have a family it is the best van out there i plan on keeping mine until my kids are older
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next