2008 Volvo XC90

2008 Volvo XC90 Prices
2008 Volvo XC90 Fuel Economy
Great Road Trip Car by Bob L. from DeLand, FL on 05/23/2011. Trim: 2008 Volvo XC90 V8, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Extremely comfortable seating. Far better than Acuras that I've owned. After 4 years the exterior still looks like I just drove it off the lot. The mileage has exceeded estimates. We did the European delivery and in 1700 miles in Sweden and the mountains of Norway got a total trip MPG of 23.8. During a 3300 mile Florida/Maine trip got a total trip mpg of 23.0. For in town driving mpg is always 18 to 19. The storage capacity for hauling stuff is more than adequate. Love the rain sensing windshield wipers. The air filter system is great. We once got behind a diesel-spewing bus and didn't smell a thing.
Cons: Only had one problem which wasn't noticed for about 3 years. The back hatch never locked and didn't set off the alarm when opened. The dealer fixed it quickly when we discovered it. The navigation system is definitely not worth the cost and the updates at $180 are too expensive. You can get a new standalone nav system for about that much. The controls are not that intuitive but for A/C, headlights you set them once and forget it. Third row seats are for little people only.
Overall review: I would definitely buy a Volvo again especially with the very attractive European delivery option. I feel very safe and comfortable in this car. Great passing power. A great road trip car.
Love my XC90 by GA Volvo Drive on 02/23/2010. Trim: 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Aux port for iPod, steering wheel controls, cargo space & storage areas are my favorite features. The seats are very comfortable and I enjoy the drive/ride. Safety can't be beat. Gas mileage is decent for an SUV of this size and weight. I average 18mpg. The line of sight out the rear window is better on the xc90 than any other SUV I test drove, particularly the more "bubble/round" shaped SUV's
Cons: Interior styling is nothing to write home about, pretty bland, no bells and whistles. Console storage is a bit akward as it's made to hold CD's only.
Overall review: Overall, I love it and would highly recommend it. I purchased a pre-owned 08 off a lease. Seriously considered the Lexus RX, Acura MDX, and Mercedes ML. I think the Vovlo offers a lot for a lot less money and a lot more safety. Would have like to have the V8 version but chose the 3.2 instead for the sake of fuel economy. This is my 2nd Volvo and I think they are great vehicles.
Best car I have ever owned by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/15/2014. Trim: 2008 Volvo XC90 V8, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The best overall car I have owned. On trips, I can get as much as 24-25 mpg
Cons: some blind spots
Overall review: I love the car. It has 106,000 miles and still drives like new
GREAT VEHICLE by VOLVO LOVER on 02/20/2013. Trim: 2008 Volvo XC90 V8, Owned 5 years.
Pros: EXELENT PERFORMANCE ,SECURITY FOR DRIVER AND PASSANGER
Cons: TURNING ANGLE
Overall review: EXELENT VEHICLE
The Little Volvo that Could by Sam from Utah. on 05/30/2009. Trim: 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Pop of Nav, Steering wheel controls, all around nice. Good in the snow.
Cons: The seats are a little stiff, I only had it around for a year and a bit before a switched to an Escalade. Nav asks the same question on start up. Not a lot of second bench room.
Overall review: It's a good mid sized SUV. I'm biased, I like my SUVs larger.