2008 Volvo C70

Car that rattles by philip on 07/07/2009. Trim: 2008 Volvo C70 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: style and safety
Cons: Rattles
Overall review: Nice car but they need to work on the rattles on the top
Powerful by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/19/2014. Trim: 2008 Volvo C70 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Performance, Dynaudio is exceptional..!
Cons: Turbo lag
Overall review: Powerful sport and cruiser.. Exceptional Audio system.. Very good looks... 2 Cars for the price of 1
My New Ride by JCLS Cordova on 01/31/2013. Trim: 2008 Volvo C70 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: acceleration, comfort, stereo system, reliability, beauty
Cons: cannot program doors to unlock when engine is turned off.JCLS
Overall review: 0
Stylish but overpriced by San Antonio on 08/26/2009. Trim: 2008 Volvo C70 T5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very stylish, looks great. Turns heads, especially when putting the top up or down.
Cons: The top rattles when up. The doors are very HEAVY, you have to be very careful when opening the doors not to bump other cars. It pulls hard to the left, I took it to the dealership for an alignment but that didn't correct the issue. I am taking it back in again this week.
Overall review: I traded in my 2008 S40 (which I had for 18 months) for the C70 (which I have had for 8 months now) and I regret it. The C70 is very stlyish, but it is over-priced. I will trade in as soon as my lease is up for a BMW sedan.
Its two...two...two cars in one! by Guitar Guy from the Greater Midwest on 05/21/2009. Trim: 2008 Volvo C70 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have owned more cars then most people have (over 100 and I am 50 years old), so comparisons for me are easier then for most people. The safety that this car offers for what it is (convertible and mid-size coupe) far outweigh anything I "might" be missing as far as HP or extra fancier looks. This car has great options, great balance of power and torque, and is an absolute gas to drive. The C70 looks great in Red with the light color interior and is a real head turner. The sound system is fantastic, the transmission shifts flawlessly, and once you figure out where the sweet spot is on the turbo, its "very alive". Don't sell this car short because its not a BMW or a MB....
Cons: I have owned the car for almost 6 months, and really haven't come up with anything I don't like except it seems that I have to turn the car off to get into the trunk (unless I am missing something).
Overall review: Bought as a Christmas present for my wife - now we fight over who drives it! A lot of mags and high profile writers like to complain about its lack of power, but it's extremely agile, and the balance of hp and torque is fantastic. NO other hardtop convertible gives me this much back seat room (2 kids 18, 21) and still gives us a sports car attitude. Obviously being a convertible, safety is a huge issue - and I can't think of a car with more safety in mind then what Volvo has accomplished here: roll over protection (pop-up roll bars in the back); A-pillars that can hold up the weight of the car; up-firing side air bags. Everything has worked flawlessly and the Dynaudio sound system is incredible. I love the styling and the layout of the dash - it is easy to navigate around, it doesn't feel like an airplane cockpit with tone of switches and buttons that don't have to be there, and the seats are by far the most comfortable seats in any car I have ever driven.