2008 Nissan Xterra

4-wheeler by M & M on 07/19/2008. Trim: 2008 Nissan Xterra OR 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks great; awesome powertrain; great for offroading; surprisingly comfortable ride- even with the off-road package; tech. package nice option-stereo rocks; so far has been reliable.
Cons: Compared to fully loaded 04 Murano that was returned off lease the interior is plain. No power seats, power pedals, auto up/down windows, moonroof (tough to do w/roof rack), leather seats, homelink, locking gas cap (was able to find an aftermarket locking gas cap at the auto parts store), trip computer and outside temp. gauge. Also the center arm rest is too low and short-basically useless. Even so the ride is better than the Murano; and it can go off-road.
Overall review: Looked at the FJ Cruiser and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and thought the Xterra was a more versatile and better vehicle. The Jeep's motor is too weak and, and according to "consumer reports mag" not very reliable. The FJ has funky styling and the back doors are tiny; also the beltline is too high-feels like you are sitting in a bathtub.
Ideal for work & play by Berubium from Fort St. John, BC on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2008 Nissan Xterra OR 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Ideal for work & play. Great ride on & off pavement. Traction control works great. Can't get this vehicle stuck. Handsfree bluetooth device a nice bonus. Nice to have a 6-speed manual transmission (Too many SUVs are automatic-only these days).
Cons: Problems with dust entering cabin. The price for the vehicle (in Canada) is a bit too high.
Overall review: If you purchase an Xterra, make it an Off-Road. The additional features are well worth it.
Back to the Basics by Trailboss - Denver, CO on 03/25/2008. Trim: 2008 Nissan Xterra OR 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Rugged, reliable, comfortable, and suprisingly quiet. Love the Rockford Fosgate stereo and XM radio.
Cons: Give me climate control, a sunroof, and auto-power up/down windows all around and its just perfect.
Overall review: This car does everything it's supposed to do. And it does it well. I've owned Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, and many others -- and it's so refreshing to have a basic SUV that just does it well. I do drive off road a lot in Colorado and the Bilsteins and skid plates in the OR package helps you take this baby anywhere. I like this a lot better than my QX4, its almost as quiet and comfortable as my G35, I don't have to worry about it like my wife's RX350, it's as rugged but much easier to handle than my Titan. In short, I'm loving it.
2008 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/16/2013. Trim: 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power of 4.0 L V-6.Good Brakes. Comfortable seats, Great Radio/ 6 Cd player. 4 Wheel Drive on the fly, good on road and off road. Great Roof rack with extra storage. Has multiple tie downs in storage area. Full size spare that cranks to the ground on a pulley.
Cons: Gas mileage isn't great but better than my Durango.
Overall review: Great vehicle, I highly recommend it.
In love with my "X" by Clay from Texas on 01/05/2013. Trim: 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 4X2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I joke that the Xterra is a Lego-mobile. I've never had an accident in a vehicle before this one. Hit a deer - $300 in parts I easily replace myself. No insurance claim required. Got backed into in a parking lot - $55 in parts I easily replaced myself. No insurance again. Replaced aging hatch struts for $40, new stereo took 20 minutes, great cargo capacity. The highway ride is much smoother and quieter than you would expect from this SUV.
Cons: Gas mileage. 17/18 mpg is soooo 2008 ;-) If the X could break the 25 mpg range, it would be a dream vehicle for me. I don't really care about power seats, but I guess you could consider that a missing luxury.
Overall review: Rugged looks and usefulness. Great cargo capacity and simple interior that does what is required.