2008 Volvo V50

2008 Volvo V50 Prices
2008 Volvo V50 Fuel Economy
Confident, Safe, Comfortable and Good-Looking Mid-Sized Wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/19/2008. Trim: 2008 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, rarity, and claim to a new prestige that didn't seem so obvious in older Volvos. The exterior is a huge improvement over previous models, but still lacking a little. The interior, more importantly, is wonderful. It's wonderfully comfortable, all the controls you need are easily accessible, and the amenities will be hard to live without in the future. Anyone with the slightest familiarity with cruise control should have no problem with the so-called "cryptic" controls on this model. I also don't notice anything particularly out of the ordinary about drive noise, except at effortlessly achieved speeds of 100-120 mph, at which stability and braking also remain wholly intact.
Cons: Storage space in the rear is sufficient but seems limited by the body's avoidance of the exhaust and spare tire. Have had minor issues with the car that might lead to a future diagnosis of a chassis problem. Seats fold down wonderfully to accomodate long/large loads, but it's not as easy as push-the-button-and-fold-it-down. Rear seats are admittedly a bit cramped, but only if the driver and front passenger are overly tall. The car is extraordinarily heavy - a trade-off for the incomparable sense of safety it instills. After initial service (7500 miles) and four other out-patient procedures, trust in the dealer is still a question, though I wouldn't yet say that I'm disappointed.
Overall review: What you see is what you get (and I mean that in a good way). It seems nothing on this car is there only to impress. Everything seems to have a purpose. It feels very safe and handles confidently. Braking, acceleration and stability are surprisingly reassuring and altogether wonderful. It's not a sports car, but it has what it needs to handle just about anything you'd ask of it, in spite of its weight. Good but not great use of interior space leaves little to be desired. Premium package and climate package are highly recommended. Also, the integrated child seats are not just for hype - they're an incredible asset that are more than worth the price. All in all a great value for a true quality car without a hint of cheap about it.
Fishing car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/26/2008. Trim: 2008 Volvo V50 2.4i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything.
Cons: Dealing with the Volvo service department
Overall review: Great little vehicle - I get 32 MPG highway
Absolutely Love It!!! by Jim from Seattle on 05/21/2008. Trim: 2008 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I just received my 2008 V50 T-5 AWD a couple of weeks ago and love every minute of driving. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever had in a car. Driving is tight and the fit and finish is amazing. Even though it is not a very large car I feel safer in the V50 than in any of the larger cars I have driven. It is a sporty wagon without losing the utility of its rear compartment.
Cons: I would love to have had Bluetooth standard.
Overall review: I would recommend one to everyone looking for utility without having to resort to a mini-van. But if everyone got one then it wouldn't be such a rare vehicle. One of the things I like is that I usually only see a couple on the road each week. When I was looking at different cars and trucks I would see so many of them on the road and I kind of like the idea of having a little bit of a different car than most.