1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500

1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Prices
1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Fuel Economy
Good Truck by Nes on 02/18/2008. Trim: 1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 8-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Truely I do love this truck. It's comfortable for 8hr drives, maybe not in the back bench seats, but still not bad. The ride is smooth. It's nice and wide, nice and long--if you're looking for that. It's high but not too high.
Cons: Bought with 74,000miles, 4 years ago. At 90,000 the transmission needed to be rebuilt. Around 100,000 the inside driver door handle broke. The nob for the head lights, and stereo tuner fell off, but a lil glue and all good. The glove compartment you have to slam to close. You have to beat on the center counsel to get it open. The tailgate doesn't latch properly, sometimes you think its closed but drive over a bump and you hear your tailgate fall down. The outside drivers door handle is cracked and will need to replaced. My locks freeze often. I wish I had remote keyless entry, or should get it installed. The ABS doesn't work so I just do it the old way and pulse my breaks.
Overall review: With the cons list so long you may wonder why I love this truck. I've got 140,000miles on it now. The rebuilt transmission is good. Since I don't know what the previous owner did with the truck, I blame them for the transmission going at 90,000. It doesn't have fast pickup but once you got it going the pickup is fine, like on the highway which is true with every heavy vehicle. Should you get it I say yeah, just know its big, and all the handles and latches will break.
This is My GMC by Joe on 11/16/2006. Trim: 1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent truck with a smooth running powertrain. Styling is conservative when compared to the competition, but still attractive. Interior has held up very well over the years. Still Comfortable and functional.
Cons: Nothing to complain about.
Overall review: I would strongly recommend to anyone needing a truck to look into these models. Great combination of reliable engines and more than enough room to haul just about anything.
Great offroader or everyday driver. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/29/2006. Trim: 1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very durable, can handle many different situations including offroading or for everyday driving or towing. Very comfortable interior. Definately recommend this truck to others.
Cons: After a while i had a little slop in the steering wheel but thats about it.
Overall review: Overally this truck is excellent for someone looking for a strong and reliable pickup. After experiences with Dodge and Ford problems all the time i decided to buy Chevy and have been a Chevy lover ever since. Strongly recommend buying.
It's not a junk FORD by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/16/2005. Trim: 1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great highway fuel mileage.22mpg with airaid intake kit.This truck has the 5.7 litre engine.Great power and smooth ride.
Cons: None
Overall review: I really like the vehicle.It is easy to work on and looks great!
Great GMC by Lee from MS on 12/08/2002. Trim: 1998 GMC Sierra C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 8-ft. Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very comfortable on long trips. I get between 20 and 22 mpg with a 5.7 liter engine. The anti-lock brakes are excellent. This truck handles well, pulls a trailer so you can't tell it's there. I get between 15 and 18 mph in the city. I had to put a water pump on at 120,000 miles. It will haul whatever I need to move without any excess fuel use. The VORTEC engine is top rate!
Cons: This style vehicle has a circuit board that controls the windshield wipers and it will go out. Mine is on the way, (130,000 miles) and when it rains, I turn on the wipers and when I turn them off, they run on their own some times. I have no other complaints about this truck.
Overall review: I have owned pickups, cars, Jeeps, SUV's. I will buy another full size GM truck when this one dies. I would recommend that anyone who is over 6 feet tall to drive one. It doesn't get the gas mileage that a Nissan, or Toyota pickup gets, but you can haul them to the junk yard if you need to when they quit, they will just about fit in the bed of this truck.