2008 Nissan Maxima

Short term vehicle by Minnesota boy on 12/13/2012. Trim: 2008 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car accelerates. Feels like you are driving a sports car. Seats are very comfortable.
Cons: Needed over $ 2,000 worth of repairs just over the 60,000 mile warranty. If you hear the tappets rattling at 30 MPH (1250 RPM) when engine is not under load, be prepared for a huge repair bill. Nissan will not assist you with it either. Also the inside door handles are prone to breaking.
Overall review: i would not purchase another one. Should have stayed with the Audi A6's. I have had two of those and drove them over 300,000 miles each with less problems.
Best Value in Near Luxury by JD on 07/18/2008. Trim: 2008 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling is clean/agressive. Tires are wide and along with spoiler add to sporty appearance. Very roomy inside - you won't be cramped with your family onboard and lots of stuff in the trunk. Power is awesome. Sound system in base form is just as good as the Bose version.
Cons: Not much - probably turning circle - but you get used to it. It still better than a lot of vehicles. Don't expect it to turn like a Mazda 3.
Overall review: I think this is one of those sleeper vehicles. People who buy them keep buying them. It's a tremendous value. The Maxima is like getting the Infiniti (or Acura) for a bargain basement price. As for mileage - I get about 22 in mixed driving - and since this is a V6 with 255 hp, I don't think that's bad. You can't expect it to get 30 MPG with this size engine!
The Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/10/2013. Trim: 2008 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Has great styling and plenty of power with plenty of accessories, if you were lucky to have added up front at purchase. I've now owned three of these cars and also presently have an 03.
Cons: I just wish it could have had an extra couple MPG.
Overall review: I'd recommend these cars to anyone looking for a reliable car, however, you have to keep up the maintenance to be assured of good performance.
Ultimate disaster!!! by James on 03/16/2008. Trim: 2008 Nissan Maxima SL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style is good and powerful engine.
Cons: Gas gazzlers and tire noises!!!
Overall review: Its disappointing due to gas and noises due to wider tire size.
My New Max by Warm in Iowa on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2008 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have only had my Maxima for 7 months but so far I am very pleased with it. I joked about having a heated steering wheel when I got it in August but it has turned out to be one of my favorite features. Heated seats and wheel are very welcome in Iowa this time of year.
Cons: The turning radius is much wider than I was used to but I am adjusting. I would like to see a little more color in the digital displays.
Overall review: I got a very nice car for a very fair price (they took $6000 off the sticker). I tend to hang on to cars for quite a long time and I imagine this one will be in the family for years.