2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Prices
2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
We call her "Blue" by Ziagirl on 08/11/2011. Trim: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV w/ Navigation System, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love to drive my little civic. It handles very well. I enjoy the fuel savings. My passengers report that they are comfortable and surprised by the amount of room in the back seat. After three years, the interior still looks new and the seats are very comfortable. We have had fun with the navigation system but feel the upgrades should be free.
Cons: I am uncomfortable with the drivers seatbelt, no matter the position. It cuts across my neck and drives me crazy on long trips. The road noise needs to be addressed, but it can be cut out completely by cranking up the very good audio system. Slightly larger mirrors would be helpful, lots of shadowing happens with such a large windshield. The visors need to be larger, longer, enough to cover most of the drivers window when used on the side. Maybe a slid-out piece at the end of the visor would work.
Overall review: I love this car!! I tell everyone who will listen to go buy one.
Happy owners! by Scott from Salt Lake City on 11/12/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car! I also own a 2008 Audi A4 and enjoy driving both for different reasons. The Civic is my wife's car that she tools around the neighborhood. It's a perfect match for her driving habits. The car is comfortable/capable. iPod interface is good. MPG is better than advertised.
Cons: Compared to the Audi it is a tin can. The seats are hard, but we did fine on the 1200 mile trip (see below) at 400 miles/day. The rear suspension seems to bounce alot - maybe the weight of the battery. Smaller trunk as a result and no fold down seats to extend it. Many complain about the acceleration, but I find it acceptable for what this car was designed to do. I don't care for the dashboard design and the integrated single disc radio. We added aftermarket heated leather seats (OEM not available on the 2008) through the dealer and are disappointed with the quality. Power ports are only active when the car is on.
Overall review: I was skeptical. I'm now a believer. This is a great package overall. My wife loves it. We live in a neighborhood with hills in every direction and no matter where we go, we go down and up or up and down. The little car does fine and still gets the MPG. IF this one ever wears out we'll buy another one. Initally we were concerned about the promised fuel economy because we were paying attention to the onboard computer which reported the MPG at around 4-5 mpg under EPA. We started tracking actual milage and fuel use instead. The car actually over-performs on both City/Highway. We went on a 1200 mile jaunt from SLC to the Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon, Monument Valley and Arches and averaged 51.3 MPG! We weren't being gentle with it either. It did everything we asked it to do. That trip to the Grand Canyon was enjoyable and cost a total of $65 for gas.
HAD THE MONEY AND SET ORDER FOR 2010 PRIUS by Happy Hyundai owner on 06/27/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: LOOKS BETTER EXTERIOR WISE AND INTERIOR WISE THEN THE 2010 PRIUS .
Cons: A LITTLE MORE KNEE SPACE IN BACK SEAT OF THE CICVIC WOULD BE NICE.
Overall review: I COULD OF EITHER BOUGHT A 2010 PRIUS OR TAKE A FAIR DEAL ON A EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN 2008 CIVIC HYBRID WITH LESS THEN 10000 MILES . I CHOICE THE CIVIC. P.S. I DROVE THE 2010 PRIUS AND THE 2008 CIVIC HYBRID OVER THE SAME IRREGULAR BUMPY ROADS AND THE VERDICT (AS MY WIFE WAS IN THE CAR )WAS THE PRIUS ALOUD MORE INTERIOR NOISE IN THE CABIN FROM THE TIRES THEN THE CIVIC. ALSO THE INTERIOR LOOKED MORE UPSCALE IN THE CIVIC THEN THE 2010 PRIUS.
Safe Car,works great. by Joe-Columbus,In on 05/18/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: OMG, I was broadsided by a truck turning into the drivers side door at 45. Side air bags great protection! Got out passenger side, and no injuries. Love the engine shut off feature at lower temperatures, over my previous 2005 model. Style on exterior is sleek.
Cons: Windshield is about 2" too long. I would like the MP3 input in the armrest like my wifes Accord has.
Overall review: As Hybrids go,this has a far better rear view that the Prius.
Great Gas Mileage by Mark on 04/03/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV w/ Navigation System, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fuel economy is fantastic. I drive 186 miles on my daily commute to work. Average speed is 70+ with a gas mileage around 45+. Interior has all the necessities except Bluetooth. No problems and I have almost 52K miles since Jan1 2008.
Cons: Needs more insulation as road noise can be bothersome. Performance for a hybrid is ok, but the batteries seem to drain quickly when in assist mode.
Overall review: I would recommend this car for any mega commuters. For a small car, I feed safe while driving it.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next