2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid

3 yrs+, still feels good by Abhijith from Mountain View, CA on 07/09/2012. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid HEV, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Like the silent start/drive of EV mode. Pickup is good. Mileage is around 30-32 with in city limits.. and has been 33-34 for mix. Spacious, very comfortable.
Cons: small boot space
Overall review: Value for price
Dependable hybrid, great on gas by matt honolulu on 05/17/2013. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like that this car can get off the line very fast for being a hybrid. No problems with breaking down or major maint. issues.
Cons: Some state nissan dealerships are certified or do not have the right equipment to work on the car. The noise from the hybrid engine gets annoying when stopped. Little to no trunk space.
Overall review: very dependable and useful car
Best Of Both Worlds by Hybrid Happy From Lionville, PA on 05/25/2009. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid HEV, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Bought 2008 version of this car in late December, 2007. Did extensive research and test driving of other hybrid sedans first. Found styling, ride, and performance just slightly outpacing that of the Camry Hybrid. So far getting around 34mpg ( more in warmer weather, less in colder). Performance and reliability thus far has been impressive. Gets many compliments since I had grilled changed to stainless mesh (an option) which really gets rid of that blah Altima grille. Looks and feels smart with the sunroof/spoiler/Bose/XM/Bluetooth/leather package. Car is really roomy and comfortable ( I am about 6 feet tall), even fun to drive. More sportier ride than Camry.
Cons: What the he** is the matter with Nissan? This car is only offered in six states? This automobile competes with the Camry Hybrid any day of the week, and at a somewhat better price. I think the car gets the shaft from some magazine reviewers who are way too ga-ga for the Camry. The truth lies in the reviews of the folks who actually drive this machine daily. IMO, best of both worlds...Toyota's HEV system wedded with Nisssan powertrain and styling. Two minor drawbacks...the trunk...the Camry had the Altima beat here, and options on the interior.
Overall review: Highly recomended for those looking for the goods on a mid-size hybrid sedan. Good looker, good performer, good on the wallet (thus far).
My Altima has been less then Ultimate. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/15/2009. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid HEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling
Cons: I have had the car for 6 months and it has been towed from my driveway twice with computer and mechincal issues. Not what I expected
Overall review: We are not happy with this vehicle and will be trading it in shortly
Love my Nissan by Love my Nissan on 01/03/2009. Trim: 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid HEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I had been looking at this vehicle for about 2 years. I am a tried and true Honda owner, having owned one the last 6 out of 7 cars. However, I wanted to break out and try something new and this was the perfect choice. One quiet ride, roomy enough (I'm 5'11), great accelleration etc., It is a great car and I would higly recommend it to anyone purchasing this vehicle. I didn't get the top of the line. I got the basic and just added leather and a rear spoiler.
Cons: The one drawback for me is the trunk space. Incredibly small truck because it houses the battery.
Overall review: This is a great car, handles well, smooth ride and if you can live with the tiny truck, a great car to have.