1998 GMC Safari

1998 GMC Safari Prices
1998 GMC Safari Fuel Economy
the best van in the worl by mikinboy on 02/25/2005. Trim: 1998 GMC Safari SLX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i like all vans
Cons: nada
Overall review: is the best in the market
Cosmetically nice otherwise cheap!! by Ex-GMC Lover from KY! on 08/14/2001. Trim: 1998 GMC Safari SLX AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: comfortable,
Cons: transmission, brakes do not last, to many major parts had to be repaired, such as idler arms (twice), rotors (twice), nine sets of brakes in three years, electrical shorts throughout van, needed AC blowers replaced, cheaply made for a very high price!!!!
Overall review: I bought my van after my husband died in 1998, thinking I was going to be getting a vehicle that wouldn't cause much trouble. I paid $31,000 for my van. It has been nothing but a money pit since then. I owned a GMC Safari mini-van in 1985 and didn't have hardly the problems that I do now with the new one. I shall not buy another GMC Safari Mini-Van!!
Review ID: #196990 Is this review offensive?
Pretty good buy for the money by Windchanter from Miami FL on 06/30/2001. Trim: 1998 GMC Safari SLX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: For what it is made to do, this is a practical and pleasant vehicle. No major complaints.
Cons: One little thing anoys me ALL THE TIME. My wife like's the AC blowing like a hurricane on her, but I dont... The AC outlets on the Safari can be directed somewhat, but not closed. Thus, when I'm with my wife, some part of me is going to get frozen... Although, there is always the option of divorce.
Overall review: Good darn minivan, and I don't even like Minivans! Could use a tow package with adjustable gas shocks as an option, but in reality, it was not designed to do that. This car is a good, reliable buy.
Glad I have one by Okay Driver on 04/20/2001. Trim: 1998 GMC Safari SLX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: looks and runs great on the highway and in the city
Cons: It's makes some noise at 70mph and it's easily windblown.
Overall review: I like this van. There is plenty of room. In fact, a surprising amount of room. I love the dutch doors. What a great design! I think this van looks great and handles good as well. It doesn't look like a "mommy's mini" and can tow with the best of them to back that up.
Review ID: #119997 Is this review offensive?
Garbage Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/30/2004. Trim: 1998 GMC Safari SLX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It has a lot of seats. That's it.
Cons: This van is example A on why so many people buy Japanese, Korean, and German cars. They like to call themselves
Overall review: Prior to this van, my last GM car was a '69 Chevrolet that was so bad it took me 30 years to buy this van. I will not live long enough to buy another GM product.