2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Honey of a Vehicle by Retired Driver on 01/19/2012. Trim: 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited, Owned 4 years.
Pros: My vehicle insurance cost actually went down because of the safety. Solid feeling of being of safe. There are also side airbags. Great features such as temperature controls for each passenger including the 2nd row seats, separate control for the 2nd seat passengers, heat/cool vents above the backseat passenger and a 3rd row seat or fold down. The hybrid features are amazing. Silent. smooth transition between gas or the battery on the open highway. Runs on battery on cruise. A display gives feedback as to when it is charging the battery. It also uses the braking to charge the battery. Advantage of a SUV is less difficult getting in or out. It has a skid warning light if I need to slow down.
Cons: I hesitated on purchasing the black color vehicle. It is very hard to keep clean. The tires only last for 25000 miles. It is a little close getting into the 3rd row seats.
Overall review: You can't go wrong on buying a Highlander Hybrid. I think the new models will be more improved in the future.
Classy and functional. by Boatman on 02/23/2009. Trim: 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, comfort, and economy.
Cons: Really nothing.
Overall review: I traded a 2004 Prius on the leftover 2008 Highlander Hybrid. I consider the Prius as one of the best autos I have ever owned but I needed a 4wd vehicle because of the winter weather where I live, although the Prius always got me through. With the winter we are experiencing this year it has proved itself. In addition the Highlander Hybrid gave me a lot more interior room and is very comfortable. In addition it is very stylish. I would say that anyone who is looking for a roomy, comfortable, smooth riding, and economical vehicle won't go wrong with the Highlander Hybrid. It is a little on the pricey side but no worse than its competitors.
A Hybrid that dosnt look like Hybrid and shout Dillweed by Todd from Colorado on 12/15/2008. Trim: 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I drive this vehicle 50 hours a week. I have had my Highlander for 115 days and have put 19000 miles on it. It took me a while to figure out how to maximise my milege. The most important is drive it under 70 mph. 2nd, set the cruise under 40 mph as often as possible. The pros are the quietness and smoothness of the vehicle. Very comfortable for 8 hours a day 7 days a week. The wheels are nicley styled and the Cypress pearl green was the color that I wanted. I love the clear bra and the abality to drive in total electric mode through the neighborhood. This vehicle is always in the econ mode and is very fast. I have a 305 hp subaru and I think it would be a good race. I cant say enough.
Cons: Bob the Builder knobs for the radio. Tires cost around $1200 out the door. Base model stereo is a garbled mess at low volume. Blind spot when changing lanes to the right. Mirrors dont have illuminated turn signals integrated in them. Sun visors sag when disengaged from thier holder and the sun extentions on the visors are to thin. The cruse control waits to long to engage when starting an incline. It will drop 5mph and then floors it until the speed is back up to where it should be. The headlights dont fan out to the sides enough to light up where you can see where you are going when making turns. I wish it had a couple of more inches of ground clearence.
Overall review: I have had over 60 cars in the last 25 years and this is one of the most thought out and perfect vehicles that I have ever owned. I have a 2000 model suburban and the highlander has more legroom in the front the 2nd row seats. I know that it sounds like I slammed it in the cons dept but I put in a DVD/Nav/CD/bluetooth in dash set up with 4 new Polk audio speakers and cured the bad stereo system problem. I got the whole set up installed with a 2 year warranty for $1500.00 To get the upgraded stereo I would have had to order a package upgrade that would have cost me $2800.00 . The nav system alone would have cost me as much as the Pioneer stereo I bought, that has many other features. I have gotten 28.7 mph once in South Carolina and often get 25-26 mph. While driiving constantly in the city the battery gets run down an dosnt get the kind of milege that is advertised. I would and do recommend this vehicle to every one that will listen to me. I save $600.00 per mo in fuel. I love it.
It is a nice business car by Jennifer Fayette-ville on 11/16/2008. Trim: 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The gas mileage and how quiet it is
Cons: The battery of a Hybrid is about $ 7000.00 not good
Overall review: I like my car I feel safe in it.
Enthusiast
Very Good truck by George on 05/02/2014. Trim: 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited.
Pros: Toyota SUV
Cons: Feul millage
Overall review: Dependable