2008 Honda CR-V

Great Buy by AK on 01/17/2010. Trim: 2008 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: A very smooth and easy driving car. Great gas mileage. Seats fold down nicely to give you lots of options on cargo size. I like the MP3 conection to radio. Auto 4WD comes on in the ice or snow when needed without having to move a switch.
Cons: Dash is very simple and not many extras's.
Overall review: Great car to drive. No defects after almost 2 years. :)
A Solid Choice by olderage on 08/15/2010. Trim: 2008 Honda CR-V EX 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The CR-V is the perfect size. We traded in our 2007 Civic to have more room for cargo and a car seat when our son was born, and our relatives are amazed at how much we can pack in the vehicle on long trips. Power is more than adequate, it operates smoothly, and all of the controls have that Honda feel (high quality). Ergonomics are also excellent, and we have needed no repairs. Our example was made in Japan and that may make a difference. Finally, we felt the CR-V was a "complete package" that included everything we would need or want in a car, including safety and convenience items.
Cons: The factory tires (Bridgestone Dueler H/T 470s) are the worst junk I have encountered, and were worn at 18k miles. Shame on Honda for equipping our nice vehicle with them! Gas mileage is not stellar, and we routinely get 18 mpg in the city without poor driving. The worst thing about our CR-V is the quality of the black cloth interior! EVERY little scratch shows on the plastics, the carpets/seats are fraying, and the cargo area carpet is literally disintegrating. The door armrest material accumulates dirt and has become discolored, and the front seat bolsters have "collapsed." I want to keep this car for 200k miles, but the interior is well-worn at 26k. Yes, I do clean it regularly!
Overall review: I would recommend reducing the engine's power or adding another gear in the transmission to increase fuel economy. Those people calling for a V6 or more power are short-sighted regarding potential energy prices. Honda must remain focused on total vehicle quality, including the tires they equip their vehicles with, and interior materials. Overall, if the CR-V lasts and the interior can hold up, it is an excellent vehicle that was well thought through when developed. You will never be offended by the CR-V, and I think it would meet most people's needs. Some of the quality lapses do have me thinking we may not stay loyal to Honda the next time we need to purchase a car.
I Recommend others to Buy HONDA - CRV by Venkat on 10/29/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Without out a Trail i Bought CRV EXL in FEB 2008 and nearly 21k mileage as of today. Dont have problems upto date and very good at Highway drives. Still i remember Long Drive from Kansas to Seattle 1900 Miles in 36 Hours. Average Mileage is 21, Highway nearly 30.
Cons: Front Seat Hand Rest, I recommend HONDA to redesign the Hand Rest. It seems like a Hand Rest for a Baby Car Seat.
Overall review: Overall I give 9.5 out of 10 and Recommend others to buy.
The best of the bunch. by Gonzalo from Maryland on 08/05/2008. Trim: 2008 Honda CR-V EX 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: On a recent trip to Florida I got highway gas mileage of 32.8 mpg and on the way back 31.0 mpg. A/C was turned on 50% of the time. Overall city/highway mpg is 24-26. Engine life monitor. Now I know not to change the oil at 3000 miles but rather at 50% oil life. I tried other small SUVs and this is the best one of the lot.
Cons: Leather seats are not comfortable but rather hard. Road noise is noticeable. It takes a while to warm up the seats in the winter, even on high.
Overall review: Highly recommend and great gas mileage.
Wonderful car by Marisa on 11/29/2009. Trim: 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I absolutely love my Honda CR-V. I got rid of my VW Jetta and was unsure if I could get used to driving a small SUV. I love this car so much. The brakes are a little touchy but other then that the gas mileage is great, very comfortable, and overall a perfect car for myself. I purchased it in Black, along with a sunroof and a couple of other little doodads. I will be purchasing another one when my lease is up. I recommed this car to all.
Cons: The brakes are a little touchy when you press down on them. i also don't have lights on my mirrors inside.
Overall review: Absolutely LOVE this car!